Mini X tips and tricks...

ghost

We were burning the tops and branches in the hole from the last stump. Those big ass stumps will sit there for a while to dry.

ghost

24D26DD6-0739-4535-AA4F-7AF9B9D809C9.jpeg

ghost

Took until today to get the first stump mostly gone. I’ll probably roll stump three in later today.
51244340-4124-4FA5-BBF5-8C0FE3ED8B9C.jpeg

I should rename this thread to “Shop build dream thread!”

ghost

ghost

Idk where your renting from but herc will rent 80,000 lb machine with nothing more than a credit card
CCE. They are actually out of NC. I think he said this was a 9k lb machine. I’d hate to see the cost on an 80k machine. And the delivery charge.

Croatan_Kid

How's your hammer hangin'?
A lot of people asked why I got a 12.5k mini ex...but I'm glad I did. I rarely ever wished it was smaller and most people wanted me to dig stumps it seemed like.

Damn, I can't wait to get another one. Bet your ass it'll have an enclosed cab and AC though!

ghost

A lot of people asked why I got a 12.5k mini ex...but I'm glad I did. I rarely ever wished it was smaller and most people wanted me to dig stumps it seemed like.

Damn, I can't wait to get another one. Bet your ass it'll have an enclosed cab and AC though!
Believe me when I say I’ve been looking. I want one. As much as I want to do here it makes sense to me. I was thinking of starting a “heavy equipment deals” thread to get y’all’s advice.

Croatan_Kid

How's your hammer hangin'?
I like Equipment Trade and Machinery Trader. I just keep looking for one within driving distance for a reasonable price that looks like it's in good shape and doesn't have a million hours on it.

braxton357

Robot
Only way you are going to burn those without a 20ft pile of timber is with a couple hundred gallons of diesel and oil.
And like others said, looks to be a 3.5 tonne machine, see if they've got a 5 or 6 next time would cut your work in half, imagine your having fun though

ghost

It’s actually burning good. The rotten pine stump has been good fuel actually. I’ve put a couple large roots that are almost fat lighter under it.