Mini X tips and tricks...

We were burning the tops and branches in the hole from the last stump. Those big ass stumps will sit there for a while to dry.

24D26DD6-0739-4535-AA4F-7AF9B9D809C9.jpeg

I'd throw the stumps in on the fire too. They will burn mostly up and you can cover what's left.

Took until today to get the first stump mostly gone. I’ll probably roll stump three in later today.
51244340-4124-4FA5-BBF5-8C0FE3ED8B9C.jpeg

I should rename this thread to “Shop build dream thread!”

Idk where your renting from but herc will rent 80,000 lb machine with nothing more than a credit card
CCE. They are actually out of NC. I think he said this was a 9k lb machine. I’d hate to see the cost on an 80k machine. And the delivery charge.

A lot of people asked why I got a 12.5k mini ex...but I'm glad I did. I rarely ever wished it was smaller and most people wanted me to dig stumps it seemed like.

Damn, I can't wait to get another one. Bet your ass it'll have an enclosed cab and AC though!

A lot of people asked why I got a 12.5k mini ex...but I'm glad I did. I rarely ever wished it was smaller and most people wanted me to dig stumps it seemed like.

Damn, I can't wait to get another one. Bet your ass it'll have an enclosed cab and AC though!
Believe me when I say I’ve been looking. I want one. As much as I want to do here it makes sense to me. I was thinking of starting a “heavy equipment deals” thread to get y’all’s advice.

Believe me when I say I’ve been looking. I want one. As much as I want to do here it makes sense to me. I was thinking of starting a “heavy equipment deals” thread to get y’all’s advice.
There basically haven't been any heavy equipment deals in about 2 years from what I've seen.

I like Equipment Trade and Machinery Trader. I just keep looking for one within driving distance for a reasonable price that looks like it's in good shape and doesn't have a million hours on it.

Only way you are going to burn those without a 20ft pile of timber is with a couple hundred gallons of diesel and oil.
And like others said, looks to be a 3.5 tonne machine, see if they've got a 5 or 6 next time would cut your work in half, imagine your having fun though

It’s actually burning good. The rotten pine stump has been good fuel actually. I’ve put a couple large roots that are almost fat lighter under it.

Back