MOAB 2014 may 31- june 9th

It actually looks like I won't be able to make the May ride either, so I am determined to make August though

The meeting went very well sunday evening, It was great to see everyone get everyones input and ideas, I feel we have an awesome group going so far.
Things to remember,, Work on youre trail list, say 6 or so with youre most wanted up top, make arrangements with JC on the condo.
Since Josh has offered up the back of his haul rig to us, If you have a tote of things you would like to have hauled, he will bring the truck out to the final meeting to pick them up, this could be very usefull since most of us are in 2 dr Jeeps.

We will get back together 2-3 weeks before we depart to put our trail list together and bring josh a tote if you would like, He could also carry spare shafts or something of that sort. Meeting date to be decided.

The meeting went very well sunday evening, It was great to see everyone get everyones input and ideas, I feel we have an awesome group going so far.
Things to remember,, Work on youre trail list, say 6 or so with youre most wanted up top, make arrangements with JC on the condo.
Since Josh has offered up the back of his haul rig to us, If you have a tote of things you would like to have hauled, he will bring the truck out to the final meeting to pick them up, this could be very usefull since most of us are in 2 dr Jeeps.

We will get back together 2-3 weeks before we depart to put our trail list together and bring josh a tote if you would like, He could also carry spare shafts or something of that sort. Meeting date to be decided.

Guys Sorry for this but life throws you curves and unfortantley I will not be able to make the trip as i had origanily planned. Yall have fun wish i could have gone.

I hate to hear that Josh, but I do understand. This definetly want be the last group trip so Im sure their will be another trip out there.

Completely understood josh. Any of us can still encounter problems that will not allow us to go. Like Jason said I'm sure their will be more trips!

Question-
Is it cool if I possibly invite myself along? IDK yet if it's possible but, maybe.
Related question-
If I were able to figure out a way to go, would y'all be willing to tolerate having a full size rig in the wheeling group???

I'd be hoping to join in on the convoy out there, and all the fun out there but, would have to make a LARGE detour on the way back so, unfortunately would not be able to tow anybody's rig back (unless they don't mind not having it back for a couple days) or have anybody ride with me back unless they don't mind a couple day long detour. For the detour, I would be going to Reno, NV so, about 24 hours of driving total extra on the way back.

Last edited:
IMO you would be welcome to come along. One of the problems I foresee is your rear overhang might present some problems on getting onto and of of some obstacles, other than that you should do just fine! Not a lot of trees and tight trails that might damage your bedsides :lol:

IMO you would be welcome to come along. One of the problems I foresee is your rear overhang might present some problems on getting onto and of of some obstacles, other than that you should do just fine! Not a lot of trees and tight trails that might damage your bedsides :lol:

LOL! My bedsides will be grateful for the lack of trees!!! I might could take my bumper and hitch off to help departure angle a little bit. Thanks JC!!!

Question-
Is it cool if I possibly invite myself along? IDK yet if it's possible but, maybe.
Related question-
If I were able to figure out a way to go, would y'all be willing to tolerate having a full size rig in the wheeling group???

I'd be hoping to join in on the convoy out there, and all the fun out there but, would have to make a LARGE detour on the way back so, unfortunately would not be able to tow anybody's rig back (unless they don't mind not having it back for a couple days) or have anybody ride with me back unless they don't mind a couple day long detour. For the detour, I would be going to Reno, NV so, about 24 hours of driving total extra on the way back.
I think it would be great if you could go!! I always like it when someone has a longer wheel base than mine!!!

We had a power wagon on two rides that we did last time we were there and he did great. I say put a good steel bumper on the rear and bring it on!

Most likely you won't need extra fuel due to range. But it never hurts to have it in case someone knocks a hole in their gas tank.

What do you mean E doesnt stand for enough???

yep,with miles to go, he has been given a hard time about it for a while now, especially the feller that was riding with him.

Back