MOAB 2014 may 31- june 9th

What's everyone's itenerary?

Leslie and I plan to leave Greensboro at 8 am Friday. Staying in St Louis Friday night, Golden, Co Saturday night. Plan to be at the condo about 3 pm Sunday.

Yep, I believe we are going to caravan through the rockies and take the scenic route so to say off of 70 to ride along the colorado river on the way in and go through arches national park.

What's everyone's itenerary?

Leslie and I plan to leave Greensboro at 8 am Friday. Staying in St Louis Friday night, Golden, Co Saturday night. Plan to be at the condo about 3 pm Sunday.
What route y'all takeing? We are going 77n to 26w. We could stay in touch on Friday. We may end up in the same area. And yes Columbia will be a long day, and we may not make it, it's just our goal. And we are staying in golden CO sat and Sunday night. We wanted a day in Denver. We are staying in the Marriott west.

Hope y'all have a great trip!!!! Sorry I didn't respond earlier but, I will NOT be able to go. I just started a new job a couple weeks ago and what with getting off for my family's annual beach trip this past week, I doubt I'll be able to get off the time for Moab. I might would be able to talk them into the time off though and was planning to try until.... An even bigger impact on my ability to go though is this- our beloved pit bull, Lizzie was at the kennel whilst we were at the beach and got really sick and had to have surgery to remove a tumor from her intestines (sadly, she ended up passing away thursday), now we have all the vet bills to pay so, no time off and no $$$ equals no trip for me. Sorry to be a downer, just wanted to explain my reasons for backing out at the last minute. I hope y'all have a great trip and I look forward to seeing the awesome pics!!!!

Last edited:
Just finished packing for the trip! Just thought I would run my packing list by u guys and see if it's suficient.....ok, we are gone for roughly 11 days. So here is what I have packed for those days: 1 pair pants, 1 pair short, 1 tee shirt, 1 hoodie, 2 pair underwear, 1 pair socks, 1 hair brush, 1/4 tube of deodorant, a little mouth wash, and some eye drops. I'm pretty sure that's all i will need, let me know if u think I'm missing anything!!! Thanks!!!

I'd take more underwear just due to the heat. Also buy whatever beer you want here in nc it has more alcohol in it. Don't want to have to drink 3 just to equal 2.

I have also packed all of food and drink for the 11 days.... 2 loafs of white bread, 24 cans of potted meat, pack of baloni, jar of mayo, Cheetos, and 2 bottles of water. I think this will be ok for the week. I also splurged and bought some equate brand air freshner and hemriod pads!!!!

Only thing I see missing is the three gallons of apple pie that Joe is bringing, never know when you need to go streaking in Mormon country, just one more notch in the belt!

I figure just wing it and throw some crap in a bag, and by the way, I will lend ya some extra whitie tities, and yes them streaks were there when I bought em.

Nakoma, just found out today your mother in-law and my mom work together in Winston. Today my mom said, "a woman I work with said her daughter and son in-law were heading out west for some jeep thing, do you know about some jeep thing out west" hahaha! I asked if it was in Moab, and she said "yes that's it". Then I started listing all you guys name and she said "Nakoma, that was his name" haha. Small world.

You all have a safe trip and have fun. Can't wait to get back on the trail with you all.

Back