MOAB 2014 may 31- june 9th

Will it be necessary to carry extra fuel?

It depends on whether or not you get lost.

On one of our trips, one group got lost over on the west side of the ridge south of town. They had to ferry gas cans in to recover a few vehicles.

So long as you start the day with 15 gallons in the tank, you should be fine.

Sometimes my minimalist approach to things bites my butt :driver:
I too remember putting gas in JC's tank from one of my spare carry along's, Harlan I think. :D

I still have the Canyonlands campground reservations, last call if anyone wants to use them, I have to cancel them thirty days prior to get my money back.

Gettin close time to go now!

I think Deb and I have about go our would like to do trail list. All of these trails are rated difficult, but are doable with our group.

Elephant Hill.. In Canyon lands, Would like to go see the pictographs and petroglyphs, good trail, good scenery, go out to the green/colorado river confluence,(full day)

Poisin spyder,gold bar rim, golden spike combo(a full day)

Sand flats area including Hells revenge, fins and things, porcupine rim (Full day)

Top Of the world, Kane creek canyon,Steel bender,Gold bar rim, seven mile room.

These are the few that I just dont think are good for me, as in my Jeep just aint big enough, or aint got the guts, or I gotta drive it home! These are pritchett canyon, metal masher, behind the rocks.

So how about everyone else, whats yalls favorites, I may be overlooking a good one.

Well guys, I'm going to have to bow out. I've kept rather quiet during the planning because I knew that I had a lot of work to get done before the trip, and there was a chance I wouldn't be ready. Well life happened and now that it's May 1st I am accepting the fact that I'm not going to have the Jeep ready in time for this trip. Have a great time, and post lots of pics. Hopefully I'll make the next one.

Hate you cant make it Brian, Im sure there will be another trip, I would like to make another Easter Jeep Safari one year.

Make sure you don't make a wrong turn while in UTAH! No, that is not snow, that is salt, way up North. The air was kind of strange, just as it looks in the pics.
IMG_1354.JPG IMG_1355.JPG IMG_1356.JPG IMG_1357.JPG IMG_1358.JPG IMG_1359.JPG IMG_1360.JPG

Bonneville?
Bingo! It seemed it was like that for almost 100 miles. We stayed in Wendover, UT which is right at the Bonneville Salt Flats. In the one picture with the GPS you can see mile marker 34, the scenery looked exactly the same until we got to mile marker 1. Zero is the Utah and Nevada border which is where we stayed.

Got the Jeep ready to go this weekend, oil change,transfer case serviced, all fluid checked and all bolts tourqed. Less than two weeks to go!!!!!

Made a shakedown run to Myrtle Beach this weekend. I had put the soft top on. Definitely more noise but I like the option of fresh air so I think I'm going to go soft to Moab. Jeep did OK except for the 15 mpg part :)

I hope you guys have a great trip. Who all is going? Everyone driving out there or anyone towing?

Very nice, hope everyone has a good trip

Only five days to go, getting excited, all we have left to do is pack clothes. I want be worth a fawk at work this week!
Yep, same here! I only need to pack clothes! Where heading out Friday morning around 8. Bound for Columbia Missouri ! Hope every one has a safe trip out.

Back