Mr. Ed buggy

stock cummins 24V head flows less than 200cfm.
A single stock ls1 head flows 220-ish cfm, no? http://www.performanceworks1.com/ls1__ls6_head_flow.htm
(conditions being near equal, i.e. on a bench)
with that being said, I think it's appropriate to understand turbo sizing and 'acceptable' applications here, and not just throw around generalizing statements. This may not be a 1kwhp engine build, but you'd be surprised how well it will respond to the VGT's (assuming the control system performs well).

Well I am sure it may have flow in the ls head but a ls isn't really intended for no more than 8lb of boost on a stock motor when u start running turbos that flow 20lb plus boost I better be very sure of your boost controlls bc the ls motor will not take it long

Well I am sure it may have flow in the ls head but a ls isn't really intended for no more than 8lb of boost on a stock motor when u start running turbos that flow 20lb plus boost I better be very sure of your boost controlls bc the ls motor will not take it long

i want to know where you get your info from.

couple pics.

Attachments

• rat and edd 005.jpg
    rat and edd 005.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,050
  • rat and edd 006.jpg
    rat and edd 006.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,098
  • rat and edd 007.jpg
    rat and edd 007.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,096
everyone has an opinion on what will hold up and what won't but who actually have experience with this sort of thing.

Tim go for it!! Everyone said my blow through set on a 22r and a turbo would never work and it did...

are your brackets going to limit the joint at all?
Only reason I ask, there's companies that make brackets with a weld washer on the inside of the bracket to allow for full movement of such a big bodied joint.

What size AL link are you running up top?

How about a couple pictures to see how you did the recessed lower link into the housing. I can catch a little of it, but not a solid shot.

How close to the bull gear/ring gear does it come?

2" od and 1"id alum. links. lowers will also be alum.

i've got about an inch of room inside the center chunk.

everyone has an opinion on what will hold up and what won't but who actually have experience with this sort of thing.

not trying to be a jerk, and i appreciate the all the feedback, i just think it's funny to here all the different opinions of what people think.

it may work the only experience i have with that sort of thing is drag racing and i have seen ls1 hold as much as 18lbs of boost but that is only for about 7 sec i hope it works for you good luck just beware of the plasic intake that the only part i have ever seen break

Bad ass rig!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

some, got ori's mounted in the rear. not as much as i would of liked, but we will see what this week holds.

Are you still working in Mooresville on 150? I'd love to stop in and check this one out if your ok w/ visitors?

no i am up in hickory. but stop by anytime.

heres my address

2352 st. pauls church rd. newton nc 28658

704 881 4128

have you cycled the rear suspension all the way thru the travel? its been my experience with that much vertical seperation between the links, is it creates alot of leverage and resists flex. tried that on my buggy and alot of times it would carry a tire off the ground instead of flexing. just curious. love the twin turbo ls1!

cycled it some, seems to flex decent. i don't want crazy flex. i want it to be stable and strong.

Flex doesn't determine how stable and strong it is, that's dictated by roll axis.
My XJ gets incredibly twisted up, but I'm also incredibly stable at any angle.
I'm a 3 and 4 link calculator junky for that reason.

all i was saying is i am not concerned in alot of flex. and alot of seperation is stronger than alittle seperation.

Gotcha. Agreed on the separation.
Again, not trying to critize. I'm not the one the owns and runs the 4x shop :D

Gotcha. Agreed on the separation.
Again, not trying to critize. I'm not the one the owns and runs the 4x shop :D

no prob, thanks for the props and coments.

12" of seperation. basically thats just how it worked out.

I find it is much more frequent that people don't have nearly enough seperation. Alot of the most reputable builders in the country don't use calculators. Just sayin :flipoff2:

Back