NC4X4 Hunting and Fishing

Got these in the mail today.
3e6a1caeb9a884abcbdcc5a87afe6625.jpg
300f59afcb9f6d95717aeda2d1132839.jpg

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Hunting trip report. Spent the last week chasing pigs down on WMA land in SC. Our normal spot was about 15’ under water. We knew going down that the levels were high but decided not to bring canoes/kayaks due to the hassle. Looking back I wish we did. The people who did bring them shot the hell out of the pigs this year.

We scouted 3 additional properties with 1 being flooded. We decided to hunt Little Pee Dee on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Found very little sign and no pigs. Decided to find another property in the opposite direction.

Found a lot of good sign at Waccamaw and decided to hunt the rest of the week there. That was a good decision as we saw more hogs and sign in there then I’ve seen in two years hunting. We had a group of 5 this year. One of them killed 4 20-30lb piglets.

6FBA19AF-0B31-4BC9-B355-073ABC15A9FB.jpeg

Then we got a nice sow on our last day. The sow had some nice bacon seeds with her and they were able to actually catch them bare handed. They were later released to go find another sow.

ED039958-E609-46D5-AE19-9756AB4F2696.jpeg

6E9141E0-4D55-46A6-B4F0-4AD65D64D9F4.jpeg

Fun but hard trip. Average nightly temp was high 20s with lots of rain and wind. We tent camped the entire time and had a great time. Already planning our trip again for next year.

They were later released to go find another sow.

If you did that around my farm we might shoot you.
LOL

So tonight my son wanted me to go fishing with him.
My daughter had a softball game and I am a good dad. I went to the softball game.
He said him and his girlfriend were going fishing without me. I figured two 18 year olds in a very remote field at a farm pond...I said I bet I know how much fishing gets done.

He sent this pic in the top of the 2nd inning
Lane Fish.jpeg

LOL

My daughter had a softball game and I am a good dad. I went to the softball game.
He said him and his girlfriend were going fishing without me. I figured two 18 year olds in a very remote field at a farm pond...I said I bet I know how much fishing gets done.

View attachment 288621

But what was he doing by the 5th lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL

View attachment 288621

Agreed, I see them as pest. I've had to drill that into my hunting buddies heads over and over. These things were all of 5lbs or so. Let em grow for a year and they will be decent sized. Some other friends of ours shot a couple 400lber's in the spot we normally go that was flooded...

Agreed, I see them as pest. I've had to drill that into my hunting buddies heads over and over. These things were all of 5lbs or so. Let em grow for a year and they will be decent sized. Some other friends of ours shot a couple 400lber's in the spot we normally go that was flooded...

We’ve took them home and put them in a feed lot before

We’ve took them home and put them in a feed lot before

I told them they should have tried to sell them off as tea cup pigs...

I would have loved to bring them back and do a feed lot. Hard to do on .87 acres in Charlotte though..

LOL

View attachment 288621
Got dayum! So where is this farm pond at? I'm loading up my fishing gear as I type...lol

I smell bacon! Bacon wrapped pork chops with bacon bits sprinkled on top...

Got dayum! So where is this farm pond at? I'm loading up my fishing gear as I type...lol

So far I think @Silverado_Express is the only one who could out me...

But warnig I have game cameras and heavy equipment to hide bodies :D
Unless you come bearing gifts of beer, brown liquor and fellowship...in which case come on

@YJJPWrangler I need to get down there more often. I have family all over down there and havent hunted it in probably 15 years. Where were yall hunting?

They aint easy to find....game cameras always at night. Never consistent.
Have 1 boar on cam that is 300lb+ then a couple sows and a herd of rats

Back