NC4X4 Hunting and Fishing

I can't say nothing, I haven't been hunting at all this year. I had high aspirations to break in my .45-70 on a bear this year, but I'm to out of shape to go trapsing about the woods after bear dogs.

:(

As for the book - I've been sick the past week so writing has been zero. I'm just now getting back in the saddle. I'll get something to you ASAP.
Gotta give ya a hard time lol :flipoff2:

My deer season consisted of a doe and two coyotes. I don’t think Steve Rinella is going to ask me to help host his Meateater show anytime soon. I’m going to keep at it until January 1st. I killed a big late buck last year. Fangers crossed. I haven’t touched a rifle this year. Strictly bow. First season of doing just bow. It’s much more of a challenge I think. It’s made it more fun for me. Been busted more this year than ever though.

Took a buddy from work on a permit hunt. He said he was gonna shoot the first deer he saw... he wasn't lying

Attachments

• 20231221_104228.jpg
    20231221_104228.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 84
No shame in it. Bout like the one I "accidentally " killed last year.

My son has been playing Duck hunt. He's never done it before and hunted a bit around the house. He also did a hunt down east with some guided deal and buddies. They scored a pile of birds.
Today he got lucky again. Not sure but I kinda wanted to put it in that parent thread....
11774.jpeg

He is mounting the first bird he ever shot. It looks a lot like today's.
Not bad for a fella who has never duck hunted or shot a shot gun a whole lot. He has built a blind, learned to call, and set out decoys.
He's tickled.

Hunting down in harmony this morning. Got a doe that has walked between me and my buddy and bedded.

20231223_075201.jpg

Going to try and hunt tonight. I haven’t been since thanksgiving week, as work takes up all my time. Our season up here goes out on January 6th, so the next 2 weekends will consist of doe slaying. Going to hold out for a buck the next couple of nights. 1 of the farms I hunt didn’t cut the corn till the week after I went back to work? So it was hard to see anything in the standing corn besides bears.
My daughter was fortunate enough to tag a nick buck. I was in the shower getting ready for work. My son is banging on the door saying she had called him and said she got a buck. I had to take my wife and game cart over to the land and drop them off before work. Kind of funny because my wife doesn’t hunt but had to help with gutting and dragging it out. 😂
IMG_4583.jpeg

Going to try and hunt tonight. I haven’t been since thanksgiving week, as work takes up all my time. Our season up here goes out on January 6th, so the next 2 weekends will consist of doe slaying. Going to hold out for a buck the next couple of nights. 1 of the farms I hunt didn’t cut the corn till the week after I went back to work? So it was hard to see anything in the standing corn besides bears.
My daughter was fortunate enough to tag a nick buck. I was in the shower getting ready for work. My son is banging on the door saying she had called him and said she got a buck. I had to take my wife and game cart over to the land and drop them off before work. Kind of funny because my wife doesn’t hunt but had to help with gutting and dragging it out. 😂
View attachment 409257
That’s great! Nice buck and hope you get one too. I have 1 nice buck I’m after but only have 5 days left I can hunt. Only taken 2 doe and a coyote so far. I’m off Monday and Tuesday but it’s going to rain so my wife went and put a blind up for me:D
BDA91438-4B66-4D9C-96AC-D049117CCD03.jpeg

That’s great! Nice buck and hope you get one too. I have 1 nice buck I’m after but only have 5 days left I can hunt. Only taken 2 doe and a coyote so far. I’m off Monday and Tuesday but it’s going to rain so my wife went and put a blind up for me:D
View attachment 409260
That’s a good wife. She’s a keeper. Looks like your hunting buddy can crawl up in there with you. Good luck

Making a couple upgrades thanks to post season sales.

Screenshot_20231225-182133_Amazon Shopping.jpg
20231226_110857.jpg
20231226_110853.jpg

I do that too after a good shot.
After watching the video, I thought to myself “girls are so much cuter than boys”. My boys would have turned around and said “shoot poop” or something along those lines.

Hunting public in wilkes today.

20231229_071237.jpg

Last edited:
Back