New Member Check In - Post HERE <------------------

Greetings from Wilson. Don’t worry, the handle doesn’t have anything to do with a slammed low rider. I’ve got a stock 2003 WJ Overland (4.7 HO, NP247, QD, Varilocks). The plan is to slowly build a more capable DD and we’ll see where it goes from there.

Hi, my name is Susan. This crazy guy named @Paul wants me to go riding with him at the Dixie Run in Sparta......
Who thinks this is a bad idea?
... not necessarily a bad idea, there will be plenty of rigs to escape with...Dre likes to get rowdy in the woods, especially after dark...

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Tapatalk

Hi, my name is Susan. This crazy guy named @Paul wants me to go riding with him at the Dixie Run in Sparta......
Who thinks this is a bad idea?

Bad idea. I met him once and he's a real asshole.
Kinda ugly too...

Hey everyone. My name is John. Just moved to Wilmington about a month ago. I was stationed out in California for the last 3 years and got to enjoy some great 4 wheeling out there. I have a 05 Wrangler lifted and locked.

I look forward to any meet ups or trail rides in the future.

3RpDtfrh.jpg

Howdy!...newbie here,...my husband and I just bought a 2011 jk. Can't wait to get out and show him what this Jeep thing is all about :)

HELLO! I am new here! I enjoy four wheeling but honestly dont know anywhere to do it legally. I have a towing company and small used car lot in sanford n.c I hope from time to time I will be able to share with you folks some of the odd and interesting old trucks i am lucky enough to come by. I drive a 2001 nissan pathfinder. It has a little rust but still is a blast to drive.nothing really big has fallen off in about 6 months so things are doing great! The pathfinder s main claim to fame though is the super awesome half zebra paint job. So that's all . Thanks and I hope to be a supportive and positive member of your forum.

Attachments

• 20180403_210215.jpg
    20180403_210215.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 344
  • 20180306_104459.jpg
    20180306_104459.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 312
I am new to Charlotte, moving down from Vancouver, BC, Canada.
I sold my rig in preparation to move here, broke my heart. I had an 87 S15 Jimmy, custom SAS'd d30 & 8.8 with 4:10, 33" mud tires, and Bush beaten paint lol it was my first vehicle way back.

I've been wheeling since forever, as the family was into it when I was a child. Over the years I had been very active in the 4wheeling community, big on tread lightly and responsible trail use and maintenance. Not so much of late, as I am also horse crazy so do a lot of that stuff as well.
I enjoy rock crawling over mud, been to Moab Utah once, was amazing! Use to also wheel an ATV, plan to again.

Bought myself a 05 Armada, needed something for kids and to haul. But would love to be able to take it down some back forest roads and see what NC has to offer. Maybe if there is enough good wheeling around here I will look into buying a Jeep or something.

Looking for a family friendly group to get out with, that doesn't mind a huge grocery getter on the trail. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20180906_191935_498.jpg
    IMG_20180906_191935_498.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 394
Hey guys! New here.

My name is Troy and I’m a NC native and Garner local. My current toys and passion are Full Size Jeeps, finished tinkering on my ‘80 J10 and am selling it to fund working on my ‘78 some and an engagement ring! My other play toy is a lifted ‘11 JKU, but that honestly gets used for getting to work in really bad weather and beach runs, can’t beat on my DD too much.

Thanks for having me!

Hi, I'm new here too.
I am also new to NC...not quite settled in.
I have a nearly stock 1972 CJ5, 304 3-speed that I've owned for a long time.
Not sure if NC is gonna let me tag her and put her on the road.
Cheers!

Hello from Hillsborough, NC!

The wife and I just picked up a 2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and are excited to join the 4x4 community. It's the nicest vehicle we have ever owned, by far, but that's not going to stop us from taking it off road.

We're planning to go to Uwharrie for the first time on May 5th with a friend. Hopefully preparation and common sense and will keep us from scratching up the new jeep. I don't know how busy it will be there, but if we can hit all the novice trails at least once in a full day I'll be happy. If we still have daylight at that point then I'd like to try Saw Mill too. I'm sure the Trailhawk can handle Dickey Bell, but I don't think we as drivers could just yet.

Let me know if you'd like to tag along or if you're just near Hillsborough!

Hey everyone, new here. Been lurking around for a while, decided to make a profile. Just relocated to Newton for work from Ohio. Here's a few pics of my LJ on tons, and 4Ds. Really hoping some better parks open up around here, the wheeling so far compared to Ohio is mediocre for a Jeep built like this. I didn't get to make it to the Flats before it closed sadly. URE doesn't really have a lot to offer for the 2+ hour drive. Lake Houser was fun and was worth it only being a little over an hour drive, and has a lot of potential, just needs opened up a bit. I'm getting anxious to see what Horsepower park does, praying it'll be cool.

Attachments

• IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0387.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 305
  • lake houser 1.jpg
    lake houser 1.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 273
  • sor2.jpg
    sor2.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 275
  • jeep.jpg
    jeep.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 288
Hey everyone, new here. Been lurking around for a while, decided to make a profile. Just relocated to Newton for work from Ohio. Here's a few pics of my LJ on tons, and 4Ds. Really hoping some better parks open up around here, the wheeling so far compared to Ohio is mediocre for a Jeep built like this. I didn't get to make it to the Flats before it closed sadly. URE doesn't really have a lot to offer for the 2+ hour drive. Lake Houser was fun and was worth it only being a little over an hour drive, and has a lot of potential, just needs opened up a bit. I'm getting anxious to see what Horsepower park does, praying it'll be cool.
your going to have to travel some, but harlan ky and windrock both have stuff that knock you on your ass in a full blown buggy. the Gulches is another option in SC. there is a good number of parks in the south east they all just require a drive to get to them.

your going to have to travel some, but harlan ky and windrock both have stuff that knock you on your ass in a full blown buggy. the Gulches is another option in SC. there is a good number of parks in the south east they all just require a drive to get to them.

Yeah that's what I've heard. KY will probably never happen as that'll have to be a weekend trip and it'll be a pain trying to have someone watch the dogs.

Wanted to say hello to everyone. Turns out that I joined over 3 years ago and ended up never posting. I'm on my fourth Wrangler having owned 3 TJ's and now I have my first JKU. It's a slow work in progress but it's getting there. Looking to start getting out and hitting some trails and meeting everyone.

Back