New thread.........right now

Best option is to just make him mad and get rid of the car. He will be furious for a while, but will adjust.
I had to lock up my wife’s grandfather’s guns when his mind started slipping. He was pissed at me for a while, but he got over it or forgot about it. Hated to do it because I know I’d have been pissed if it was done to me. We just couldn’t chance it. He put up no fight at all about not driving though.

We hide my FIL's guns in the attic when he came down with Alzheimer's. Also took the car keys.
Not sure why but this reminded me of when I was a kid at my Aunt and Uncles house. People started hollering Gloria is coming hide the beer, (she was my Aunts sister no blood relation). She was an alcoholic, and was coming over with her mom looking for more beer, both were piss drunk, literally because before they made it into the house the mom had fell on the sidewalk leading to the door and was sitting in a puddle of her own piss, which gave us time to hide the beer. We hid it in the dryer, she never found it. LOL. Also heard stories of her opening the door while her mom was driving and jumping out because they were in a fight. Of course she didn't get hurt.

I gave my dad and step mom a car several years ago i had 2 sets of keys for it one set would start it and the other would unlock it and wouldn't start it no chip in the key. She started getting bad with altimers my dad would get up in the morning and all the skillets and kettles would be missing he searched the whole house for them and couldn't find them. My brother who lives across the street got home from work and looked for them and found them in the trunk of the car. they switched her keys to the car with the set that wouldn't start it just a few days before. The police found her walking down the road about 4 am and brought her home. And another time my dad was woke up with a gun stuck in his face by the police she called 911 and said there was a strange man in her bed. My brother had to get up and go over and explain to the police about her. She has been in a nursing home for several years now. Very sad situation. My dad and brother live in Indiana wish they lived closer so i could be there more for them my dad has been in the hospital for a week now he had fell and fractured his back at home and will be making a trip up there very soon.

Once the FTC competition wound down, asked the robotics students what they want to do for fun.
"Soccer playing robots like Rocket league!"
Sooo.... Made up some simple rules... Over 5 weeks, they built em.... And here we are today doing the first annual SoccerBots....
IMG_20230520_140224343.jpg
IMG_20230520_142135923.jpg
IMG_20230520_152527948.jpg
IMG_20230520_153434749.jpg
IMG_20230520_153450592.jpg

They had $150 cap on parts value, all made hastily and half assed, most didn't work right, nobody knew how to drive them, and all had something break.... Which just makes it even more fun.

that's... exactly the point of the movie
Snakes on a Plane was one of the best (non-romantic) movie theater experiences I ever had because I went with the right group of people. 👍

Back