New thread.........right now

pull out microwave

That is a concept I don't think I would like at all. I get not having it over the range in that kitchen because of the hood system, but below the counter is just odd.

Duane

That is a concept I don't think I would like at all. I get not having it over the range in that kitchen because of the hood system, but below the counter is just odd.

Duane
One of the best things about the bar build I did in 2022 is the drawer microwave. EB430DBC-485A-4524-B197-1E3F8FFBC682.jpeg

Duane

Personally I think it’s more functional and useful. It’s easy access for everyone and has it built in and not on the counter or in an appliance garage. I located this one so it’s directly across from the oven and is fully functional with the oven door open as it’s also used as a warming drawer. I just wish this 30” microwave drawer was actually 30” and not the 24” with added trim 🙄

Keeping things built in and below the counter keeps the place clean and open and keeps the counter tops clutter free. The more we can build in appliances and off counter tops, the better, IMO.

Personally I think it’s more functional and useful. It’s easy access for everyone and has it built in and not on the counter or in an appliance garage. I located this one so it’s directly across from the oven and is fully functional with the oven door open as it’s also used as a warming drawer. I just wish this 30” microwave drawer was actually 30” and not the 24” with added trim 🙄

Keeping things built in and below the counter keeps the place clean and open and keeps the counter tops clutter free. The more we can build in appliances and off counter tops, the better, IMO.
The thing I wonder about is reaching down to pick up something hot, like a bowl of soup or whatever, as opposed to sliding it out from the side like you nromally do with a microwave. Seems like a lot of opportunity for steam burns and/or dropped things.
I've never used one, so I have no idea. I just know I'm clumsy and stupid about that kind of thing. I'm sure I'd be the dumbas to boil water in there, slide open the drawe while looking right down at it. I also don't like having that awkward halfway bend over to see what buttons I'm pushing.

Most ideal to me seems to be built into an overhead cabinet, not over the stove. But of course that requires having an excess of cabinet space. Compared to this I guess its just a question of being better to lose lower cab space or upper.

The thing I wonder about is reaching down to pick up something hot, like a bowl of soup or whatever, as opposed to sliding it out from the side like you nromally do with a microwave. Seems like a lot of opportunity for steam burns and/or dropped things.
I've never used one, so I have no idea. I just know I'm clumsy and stupid about that kind of thing. I'm sure I'd be the dumbas to boil water in there, slide open the drawe while looking right down at it. I also don't like having that awkward halfway bend over to see what buttons I'm pushing.

Most ideal to me seems to be built into an overhead cabinet, not over the stove. But of course that requires having an excess of cabinet space. Compared to this I guess its just a question of being better to lose lower cab space or upper.

This would certainly be safer than reaching for a hot bowl of soup in a microwave above the stove. And the buttons are angled up for ease of use/viewing, no bending over to look at the face of the microwave.

But really, you should be using the stove for soup, not a microwave. :lol:

But I rarely use the microwave except to help defrost something. And with this kitchen, most folks spending over $30k on kitchen appliances are, I’d think, more likely to use the stove more and microwave less.

This would certainly be safer than reaching for a hot bowl of soup in a microwave above the stove. And the buttons are angled up for ease of use/viewing, no bending over to look at the face of the microwave.

But really, you should be using the stove for soup, not a microwave. :lol:

But I rarely use the microwave except to help defrost something. And with this kitchen, most folks spending over $30k on kitchen appliances are, I’d think, more likely to use the stove more and microwave less.
Wrong. They don't use the kitchen. These are all status symbols. A girl I used to dates parents were remodeling their kitchen to the tune of $100g. I never ate a meal over there that wasn't from somewhere else. The only appliance that was ever used was the range hood. And that was only when her mom smoked under it 😂

Robotics team state championship today. Some incredible engineering here. Jonas's last run as a student. Going to be a long and emotional day.
IMG_20230211_103421416.jpg
IMG_20230211_074110744.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230211_093146378_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230211_093146378_HDR.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 52
My wife's family has a tradition of something similar. They take a slice of white bread and put spaghetti on it and fold it (think poor boy hotdog style) and eat it like a taco. Its something they've done for the 20 years I have been around.
Do they know about garlic bread? That's a spaghetti taco I could get behind.

My wife's family has a tradition of something similar. They take a slice of white bread and put spaghetti on it and fold it (think poor boy hotdog style) and eat it like a taco. Its something they've done for the 20 years I have been around.
This is basically just a carb sandwich

Been doing that since I was a kid. We always called em spaghetti sandwiches. Now that I'm older and know about carbs and such, I understand why I am fat. :D

I do that with garlic bread and the leftover meat in the bottom of the bowl. It's probly the best part of the meal.

Back