Notre Dame burning....

This is the part that is so sad with the US right now.
If you knew @jeepinmatt (or me for that matter) you would know that
1) we are both pretty damn far on the conservative spectrum
2) both voted for Trump
3) both probably hate Hilary more than you, lol (just kidding a bit there)

But despite that I still can criticize behavior from friends.

I dont want to make this shit show of a thread worse, but I think there is a social point here that I was making that is getting lost.
I'm not good enough with typed words to get my point across, but I am going to try none the less.
Anytime you engage with another person, a civil, mature member of society thinks not only of their wants but also of others. It why my goats walk around just start humping the hot she goats, but if I do that they throw me out of the Victoria's secret and put me in jail. Just like you dont walk up and start screwing a hot woman without her consent (or your wife's lol...my goats have it made) your words and ideas are the same thing.

I'll give you an example from my life just a couple weeks ago. I design, sell and service large electrical equipment. Ive done it now 15 years and I am fairly decent at my job. I take great pride in knowing my product and doing right by my customers. Every piece of equipment we sell gets set in place using large cranes. I've probably watched...maybe 1,000? pick and sets in my career. But, I've never once been the guy operating the crane or writing the pick plan. That's not my expertise and I am well aware that even a guy who has only been doing that job a year has many multiples of my experience. A few weeks ago I was on site for a major delivery and it was a difficult pick. It took them about 4 hours to figure out how to lift the equipment because a site condition changed between the time the pick plan was written and the day of action. I knew the basic premise of what the challenge was, and the end result that had to happen. I instantly thought about 4 or 5 different ways it could be done. But I also knew that this was an experienced and professional crew at work. So I sat back and watched them look and measure and figure...and in the end they actually executed the pick one of the ways I thought about. Afterwards over dinner that I bought for the crew we were talking and I asked why they did it the way they did... and as the operator explained the challenges, without me asking he crossed off every other option I had considered plus 10 more I had never thought of. He was happy to explain to me his job and I was happy to learn.

That interaction was guided by my desire to learn and my desire to respect that operator and his ability.

The tweet yesterday was directed by Trump's desire to speak without consideration for the operators on the ground.

When you tell someone how to accomplish a task, the spoken words are "Do this this way" the unspoken words are "I know better than you because of my special situation (be it experience, knowledge, expertise, etc) position."

Understand if you are the type of guy that will walk p to a group of people working on something and in just a few moments offer advice, no one likes you. They may be nice to your face but when you walk away they all roll their eyes and say "get a load of that asshole".....that behavior "presumed supremacy" is one of the definitive traits of a narcissist. That isnt an attack, that is a stated clinical fact.

Final point...and remember this is coming from a fellow conservative....did you lash out and fell outrage when Obama talked about closing GITMO and saying there was a better way to gain intelligence when he was campaigning against water boarding and other grey area techniques?

I did. Know why? Because he was talking out of his ass about something he had insufficient knowledge about to have an opinion. Trump did the same thing yesterday.
Damn that's the long way about sayin Trump's a back seat driver or monday morning quarterback.

If memes are fair game in this thread now...

8B9B3A80-7967-46B4-943A-B443B7E59DBF.jpeg

What happens when the Li-Ion batteries in that thing get too hot? Could be painfully ironic.
I'm wearing a pack with lithium batteries that control my PASS and HUD. The next generation has TIC, radio and GPS.

If it gets hot enough to cause the battery to go off, there's other issues.. like most electronics don't like over 120*C either... Of course if it's running that volume of water, it could be used to cool itself also.

Back