Notre Dame burning....

kaiser715

Doing hard time
Massive fire.... live on TV if you're interested.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I saw a post on Facebook and, of course, came here first. Cause this is where I get all my breaking news...

Wow.
Paris' Notre Dame Cathedral is on fire
105852925-1555350997000gettyimages-1137422959.530x298.jpeg

Also, the illustrious leader of the Free world released this gem:
"So horrible to watch the massive fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Perhaps flying water tankers could be used to put it out. Must act quickly!"

"So horrible to watch the massive fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Perhaps flying water tankers could be used to put it out. Must act quickly!"
So eloquent and well thought out. We're so lucky.

This is so sad. I've been watching this since it started. It will burn to the ground before it gets stopped.

So eloquent and well thought out. We're so lucky.
Imagine being hit with a 10000 gallon water balloon. What could possibly go wrong?:lol:

Somebody should build that. I bet they'd come in handy. Imagine all the things you could do with a great big plane that could carry bulk liquids.
Maybe I'm missing your point. I'm well aware they exist. I'm also pretty sure it would be very difficult to hit the target and would likely cause a significant amount of damage to a fragile, fire riddled structure.

@jeepinmatt what could go wrong?
You have a centuries old building that was literally falling down so that a major restoration project was required.
The structure integrity is further damaged by...being on fire.
Lets drop a couple thousand tons of water on it....good news boss. The fire is out. Bad news boss the pile of ash is still smoldering...the structure? Where ya think the pile came from

@jeepinmatt what could go wrong?
You have a centuries old building that was literally falling down so that a major restoration project was required.
The structure integrity is further damaged by...being on fire.
Lets drop a couple thousand tons of water on it....good news boss. The fire is out. Bad news boss the pile of ash is still smoldering...the structure? Where ya think the pile came from

Would they do anything but manage it from spreading at this point anyway???

A quick googlation found this:

"The Ka-32A11BC proved its fire-fighting credentials in April 2012, when a blaze engulfed ... the 67th floor at the Federation Tower in Moscow, Russia, more than 270 meters above ground level. ... the fire was only contained after two Ka-32As belonging to the Russian Emergencies Ministry were called into action and ferried in water from the nearby Moscow River."

Not impossible, not unrealistic. And I probably would have called it a flying water tanker, too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Helicopter dropping water vertically on the structure, maybe...

Plane dumping water while travelling what, 150mph laterally? Not good.

I'm sorry I doubted you. I thought a comment like that was for sure fake news. So I went to Twitter. Dammit Donald, couldn't you have just stopped after the first sentence?

Maybe I'm missing your point. I'm well aware they exist. I'm also pretty sure it would be very difficult to hit the target and would likely cause a significant amount of damage to a fragile, fire riddled structure.

They frequently use helicopters with a large bucket as well, that would be the better option here. Or a snorkel, or fire boat, or aerial. But strangely, I havent seen any "large bore" water being used.

Google a Bambi bucket. They are helo suspended fire fighting buckets that can be controlled by the personnel on board as far as water release. It may be a worthwhile thought. We have used them on range fires to hit hot spots after the main blaze was out. I’m not his biggest fan but a.) he isn’t a firefighter b.) he isn’t a structural engineer c.) y’all come out quick to quarterback armchair some shit when he makes a general statement. But, what the hell, I'm sure I’ll get flamed too.

The challenge isnt that he said flying water tankers...
it precisely that he isnt a fire fighter, yet he thinks he has the answer that no one else in the world is smart enough to have thought of.

Like somewhere in his head, I think, he thought - Oh let me give them a suggestion. Ims ure there are hundreds of flying water tankers just sitting all around Paris and no one has thought to dispatch one. Ill suggest it and be the hero that saved notre dame.

Back