Offroad race in near lowes motor speedway

Guys just want to say big thanks to Andy for making this happen. It was nice meeting you all out there. Not sure if I can make it to the race next weekend but can't wait to see what this place looks like in a couple months. Who's ready for another work day? Also Tim got some photos of everyone going up the "Cake Walk" if that's what were going to dub the hill. I'll try to get them posted up some time here today or tomorrow.

Big thanks to Andy for setting all this up. Awesome place. Can't wait to come next weekend for the race.

I took a few pics of the place.

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g218_seed60_IMG_0434.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g218_seed60_IMG_0463_1.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g218_seed60_IMG_0460.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g218_seed60_IMG_0453.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g218_seed60_IMG_0440.jpg

It was great to meet some of you guys yesterday. Andy's place is going to be fantastic, and I particularly love the fact that he's keeping those of us with stock (or near-stock) jeeps in mind. Can't wait to see the race next Saturday.

I just want to say a big thanks to all who helped out yesterday and aloso to all who showed up to check out Andys land. Just a rough figgure but I counted 40 rigs that came thru Andys land there may have been more that I did not see but it was great to see the support. As for the hill climb (cake walk) mare than just 1 Rig made it up myself and Trey also made it up we even had 1 truck go down it didnt we SEED60. once again a BIG BIG thanks to every one and it was great meeting every one I cant wait til next weekend.

Me and Franky went back out with Andy today for a little while. We walked even more trails. Thats the first time I had actually been on alot of the trails down on the back side of his property and we found quite a few more good obstacles. There are alot of freakin trails still left to cut we've got a lot of work to do. I'm glad to see that most everyone had fun yesterday. Who has pictures of me trying to get up the rocks I wanna see um. Oh and you can leave out the pics of by broke axle shafts.

It was great meeting everybody this weekend, and a BIG thanks to Andy for opening up his land for us to enjoy. It's getting harder and harder to find good, legal places to wheel. Andy's land has a TON of potential.
Just a couple of the pictures I shot of people trying to come up "cake walk"
aimg104.imageshack.us_img104_8761_1002045ac7.jpg

aimg25.imageshack.us_img25_4600_1002053ja4.jpg

aimg264.imageshack.us_img264_7931_1002062oh4.jpg

aimg264.imageshack.us_img264_3658_1002067tj0.jpg

I've got a couple videos I want to get online too...but i'm trying to find a site that will host them (they're over 100MB).

Thanks for posting. Definitely is no "cake walk", for me anyway.

I have a couple videos of failed attempts. Don't laugh too hard! lol

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g218_seed60_th_MVI_0458.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g218_seed60_th_MVI_0431.jpg

I need more skinny pedal!!!

Once again big thanks to Andy for letting us come out!!

There are alot of freakin trails still left to cut we've got a lot of work to do.
Like I said on Saturday, let's keep organizing work days. We can easily get a big crew together on a regular basis and get a lot done out there.
did either of those trucks air down? :popcorn:
I didn't. I should've, then I might have actually put some rubber on those rocks. I just didn't feel like airing down for a run at 1 obstacle, then having to air back up to drive home.

did either of those trucks air down? :popcorn:

Nope...like John said it wasn't really worth airing down for one obstacle to have to air back up to get home.

The guy with the Suzuki (sorry, don't remember who you are...still trying to match vehicles/people with screen names) did air down after trying it for a bit, but I had to leave while he was still airing down.

^^ That was Trey (hope i spelled it right) and he made it up once he aired down. I liked that hill climb. I think its gonna be near impossible when its muddy. So anyone else planning in goin up there this sunday after the race?

Ahh good to know.

I had hoped to make it out Saturday to help out with the race...but got some kinks thrown into my world on Sunday and i've gotta spend Saturday getting everything taken care of....and Sunday i've got plans for the Daytona 500.

Maybe I can get back out there in a couple weeks.

She'll be sticking on Sunday!!
Are we allowed to come out on other days, Sundays?
I asked Andy if we could come out next sunday and he said that was fine with him. IIRC I think we just have to check with him or let him know when we want to go, but other than that, we can go. I may be wrong though, perhaps MarsFab can be sure.

this is going to be coooolll when it is all done. THANKS ANDY for doing this. i have not made it there yet, but i hope to. got to get my ramcharger complete.

I asked Andy if we could come out next sunday and he said that was fine with him. IIRC I think we just have to check with him or let him know when we want to go, but other than that, we can go. I may be wrong though, perhaps MarsFab can be sure.
I asked Andy about this on Saturday. He said that the gate would be open on weekends for people to wheel, except on race days, of course. We talked about the people using the land just need to monitor each other. If someone's abusing the place (being unsafe, littering, generally being an asshat) then we need to call them on it.

awesome pics and videos guys thanks for putting the video of my blazer on there. Yea I ended up breakin both front shafts and joints also. Andy is pretty much open to us coming out any weekend. I dont thinks he can do much during the week though. HIs number is in one of my first post on this thread. He has no problem with you calling andy time and letting him know when your coming out. I'm not 100% sure yet but I think that its gonna be 10 bucks to wheel all day per vehicle. We still have alot of trails to cut so I dont think he is chargin yet cause he's still planning on having people come out and help with that. Cant really charge people to help ya know. Now if you are just planning on coming out and wheeling on whats there and not working it will be the 10 dollars. his # is 704 773 2728 and his name is Andy stewart. Just call him and tell him you wanna come out and play. He is pretty much open to any weekend and if he cant be there I will come out to let people in.

I asked Andy about this on Saturday. He said that the gate would be open on weekends for people to wheel, except on race days, of course. We talked about the people using the land just need to monitor each other. If someone's abusing the place (being unsafe, littering, generally being an asshat) then we need to call them on it.

That is so awesome!! ..and I agree completey.

awesome pics and videos guys thanks for putting the video of my blazer on there. Yea I ended up breakin both front shafts and joints also. Andy is pretty much open to us coming out any weekend. I dont thinks he can do much during the week though. HIs number is in one of my first post on this thread. He has no problem with you calling andy time and letting him know when your coming out. I'm not 100% sure yet but I think that its gonna be 10 bucks to wheel all day per vehicle. We still have alot of trails to cut so I dont think he is chargin yet cause he's still planning on having people come out and help with that. Cant really charge people to help ya know. Now if you are just planning on coming out and wheeling on whats there and not working it will be the 10 dollars. his # is 704 773 2728 and his name is Andy stewart. Just call him and tell him you wanna come out and play. He is pretty much open to any weekend and if he cant be there I will come out to let people in.

That's great. I would love to come out and help when I can. I just appreciate the opportunity to come out, meet new folks, and test out the truck. Thanks.

Sucks about the breakage!!

Yea well somebody had to break in the new climb. Atleast I had fun doing it. Hopefully I can get it back together in a couple weeks. That what I get for going first. Next time I'll talk H&H (Joe) into going first.

Next time I will let a GIRL show you how to do it. She wanted to drive first but I told her to wait I didnt want her to show up all the guys (including me).

Back