Open Invite! at the Flats - Nov 28

Sounds like a hell of a good time. I won't be in town this weekend but hopefully you all will consider open rides in the future.

is there good spectator areas? I might come up to take pictures...but not if there's not enough decent areas to see/stand/walk. we drive a lexus or a fit....so trails aren't something i can drive on (well....till i get another truck, SOON)

Anyone passing through Mocksville on I40? Any possibilities of me catching a lift?
Pm me if so.

If you can get close to me you can ride up with us. We will make room, don't need much.:flipoff2:

Thers a pic on here of no way,as for the sky trail IT is a VERY STEEP climb with A HARD RIGHT TURN AT THE TOP,would be a very good IDEA to walk it.....to get a look at the top,

Yeah we discussed that last night. Anyone who wants to attempt Sky Trail, will HAVE to get out and walk so they can see what's in store. Glad you mentioned that Joe!

If you can get close to me you can ride up with us. We will make room, don't need much.:flipoff2:
Thanks Jeff. Gotta couple of offers that are passing by me, so I will probably catch one of those.

Probably not taking my heep this time, I plan to just hang out and maybe help Terry sling some Grub.

I will bring a helmet or two as well if some one needs one to borrow one.

I'm on the fence:confused: I want to come but I'm not clear on the trails. My DD has no winch,no lockers and no lift. Is there going to be a easy trail that passes through the area? I'm not afraid of wheel-in but I had planned on driving it to the flats and just checking out the action, but I would hate to break something 1 1/2 hrs from home because I hate walking:lol:

Mark, a lot will be depending on how wet it is. for the most part you should be able to get around all of trail 1, this will give you plenty of places to watch the action. You will also be able to get around the play ground, and the upper flats.

come on and join the fun!

Chip, I just went back through the thread and seen/printed the map(by the way great job on the map!) and if my heep makes it from mocksville I will see ya there. That will be a good time to put my CLAWS to the test as long as I don't have to back up. ha ha

My space is kinda limited but no one should be left behind. I'll send him a pm.

the weather is lookin good so far

Sure is, morning will be cold(for me) chilly to others. Afternoon will be high 50's. So dress warm with stuff you can take off. Oh and fro experience, it will be cooler up in the trail system!

Back