Open Invite! at the Flats - Nov 28

The wife and I should have the Hummer and TJ out.

Trying to squeeze in a couple of last minute mods on both.

The guys have really been busy over there! This should be a great outing! Lookin' forward to it!:driver:

See you all on Saturday :beer:

Map

We will have maps available, but if you want to print your own out here ya go. It's about 99% accurate. Scott (Oljeeps) did this for us.

Attachments

• FlatLandsMap2-2.jpg
    FlatLandsMap2-2.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 491
man there is no way i could get my heap running and legal by then so want to go wheelin im having wheelin withdraw lol

getting the truck running will take more than a week lol even though in theory instead of putting an aussie locker in it i could get some one to weld it throw a battery in it and wheel the hell out of it she is pretty ugly loking right now lol

We will have maps available, but if you want to print your own out here ya go. It's about 99% accurate. Scott (Oljeeps) did this for us.
Sweet!

In the event of rain will I be able to get my 2wd towrig in and out of the parking lot.I almost didnt get out of the Gulches back in June when we were there.

I'm going to be havin turkey dinner like 10 min from there. Dang. Post up some pics or video of the bounty trail. Maybe I'll take my Jeep with me.

I was at URE today and more good feedback about coming to The Flats! Looks like it is going to be a great turnout! I didn't see ME on the map, but I'll be there!LOL

Im trying to get the jep ready for this. Im hoping this will be its try out run. if not Im bringing the dd yj and I guess stay on the easy trails.
and I didnt spell jeep wrong.

We had a meeting last night to work out some last minute details. The rules have been updated. Everyone will get a copy of our map, and a list of our rules. But so you know in advance I am including them here.

We have also been asked if there will be trail riding on Friday. The answer is no. Sorry. We originally planned this for a one day(Saturday) event. Since there are many who will be coming a long way, we decided that we would open up Friday afternoon. We will not have enough staff on hand to monitor the trails, so no riding at all on Friday.

Fee schedule is as follows. Rig and driver is $10, passengers and spectators are $5, Kids 12 and under are free.

Friday will more or less be a meet and greet. We will have a big fire for folks to congregate around and shoot the bull. No Alcohol! There will not be a food vendor on sight on Friday, or for Saturday morning. But the town of Marion is close, so it's not that big of a deal.
Leslie and I will have Coffee for those who need it, at our RV. We will furnish sugar, Equal, and milk, For a fee:)

As mentioned before, there is a community parade about 3 miles from The Flats Saturday afternoon. Anyone wishing to go and be a part of it is asked to line up and be ready to leave at 2:30. We will ride over to Rodney Padgett's house to get in line for the parade.

Rock Corps 4X4 Rules for Invite
1. There is to be no consumption or intoxication of alcohol or of any mind altering drugs while at the property known as “The Flats”
2. Speed limit for all access roads, parking lot, and non trail areas is 5 mph
3. Trail riding can begin at 9 am and you should be out of the trail system by 8:00 pm
4. Seat belts are to be worn at all times the vehicle is in motion.
5. All vehicles are to stay on marked trails and pull offs, No free roaming
6. All persons that ride on “Sky Trail”, and “No way” are to utilize Shoulder harnesses and helmets.
7. There are to be no fire arms whatsoever while at the property.
8. All trail vehicles are to have a working fire extinguisher on board while riding the trails
9. Be safe and courteous at all times. No Rude or obnoxious behavior. This includes loud, obscene, or vulgar language. This is a Family type atmosphere
10. ATV’s or Motorcycles are not allowed
11. Please do not throw trash just anywhere, we will have trash barrels. Any aluminum cans please throw at the outside of the trash barrel’s. These will be collected and donated to Hospice of McDowell County.
12. Do not block trails to watch at any obstacle. If you can’t get off the trail, keep moving until you can.
13. Rock Corps trail monitors have the right to deny access to any vehicle they deem under modified for the harder(red) trails.
14. Please keep all pets on a leash. Be prepared to “scoop poop”
15. Kids in car seats will not be allowed to ride on Red trails. No Passengers on Sky, or No way trails
16. Sky Trail and No Way, will open at 11:00am. There is a bounty on No Way
17. All extractions will be the responsibility of the vehicle driver and or passenger. We will have monitors at some locations with winch’s. But you hook up your rig. Tree savers are to be used, no winch cable or rope around trees Please have acceptable winching points
18. Violators will be dealt with and repercussions may include being asked to leave.
19. Rock Corps 4X4 is not responsible for personal injury or property damage
20. Violators will be dealt with and repercussions may include being asked to leave.
21. Rock Corps 4X4 is not responsible for personal injury or property damage

18. Violators will be dealt with and repercussions may include being asked to leave.
19. Rock Corps 4X4 is not responsible for and personal injury or property damage
20. Violators will be dealt with and repercussions may include being asked to leave.
21. Rock Corps 4X4 is not responsible for personal injury or property damage

Chip I like how the last two are so important that you had to mention it TWICE!

NICE

:driver:

Back