OPEN RIDE @ THE FLATS JAN. 15-17th *PARK IS NOT CLOSING*

Here's the only wheeling we did! Parking lot so bad we had to unload both rigs and pull it across. Guess that was worth a 2 hour drive and the money we paid lol.

Hope everyone had a good time. Did get to see a few awesome rigs.

I heard a rumor that @99ncxj made a showing.

Is anyone going to be there tomorrow was planning on bringing my Dad and kids for the first time
We will be open tomorrow

Had a great time today! Thanks.

Agreed
We had a blast and most of the tampons could have been avoided with simple trail etiquette.
For example a large group got stuck behind a white yj with sc plates on easy st. while he beat in it for 30 min when he should have pulled cable after the 3rd shot. But other than that the conditions were perfect for good wheeling.

Good sloppy day. Rolled on tank trap early in the day. Cracked the transmission housing, again, coming outta rock ledge that put me on the trailer. Had fun with with a lot of skinny pedal.

Had a good time today besides a few trail tampons that probably could have been avoided with a little more common sense. The old rule of if you see a crowd of spectators, go somewhere else worked fine all day.

Finally made the right side of Tank Trap. It's had my number for way too long.

Were you in the bobbed black pickup on mtr's?

Had a fun time today. First visit to the Flats. Lots of folks, lots of cool rigs plenty of fun. Even had the opportunity to find myself hung up sideways on a small hill. 2 pulls of cable (one for the Jeep and one to pull my shorts outta my arse) and all was fine. Great bunch of folks out there.

Good sloppy day. Rolled on tank trap early in the day. Cracked the transmission housing, again, coming outta rock ledge that put me on the trailer. Had fun with with a lot of skinny pedal.
Douchebag.
Ran Tank trap, Laurel lane and Easy street trails in my rig.
Superman kicked my ass once again despite a 3rd gear rev limiter attack.
@PinkyYJ ran all the same trails i did. Felt good to see my wife back in the groove in her rig.The ls1 was singing today!
Paul...

Last edited:
Nope. That was @sgtbriangreen that I think was helping you get back onto the trailer when I rolled up. You can actually tell his tires are MTR's.

Mine was the black bobbed 4Runner with what loosley resembles sticky MTR's.

The rig I'm talking about was parked on the gravel pile with the big orange fj buggy for a little bit

I had a good time today. I got my roll over done early in the morning. It was a little slick.
FB_IMG_1453003712188.jpg

Showed up on Friday around 10am and hung out with some friends until around 1 then ran into town and at Mi Pueblito for some great food and drinks while we waited on the rain to clear out. Finally cleared out around 5. A group of us ran a few trails that night before calling it quits.

Today was very busy and I know a lot of people had issues in the parking lot, but seriously with the number of people there the level of clusterf#@! was really low. The traffic jams were very manageable. The only times I sat still for extended periods were when I chose to because I wanted to hit a specific trail/obstacle. Like StretchASU said...see a crowd...go somewhere else if you want worked all day. The trails were slick up until a little after lunch and they started to tack up. Put it this way...there were a pile of bone stock 4 door JK's cruising around the green trails without much problem.

Made it up the rock wall at the very top of Laurel Lane around 5pm and cruised a few more trails before loading up to head home around 7pm.

jaybird...Thanks for hosting the event and not locking it down because of the weather! I know you've got a pile of work ahead of you straightening out the parking lot, but hopefully it was worth it on your end :driver:

Had a blast. Great facility and can't wait to go back. If anyone has a vid of my airborn XJ at the end of EasyStreet, send it my way. I'm still not sure how it pulled that off...

I spent the day riding shotgun in a bone stock JK. Gotta say it was a blast to step back in time like that!
Ran into some old friends and watched a chick spank Tank Trap, @PinkyYJ :driver:

Saw a lot of awesome rigs hitting The Hill and the top of Easy Street. Made me Jones a little to get my Ranger finished!

Back