OVER WEIGHT TICKETS SUCK!

don't count on anything like that if you were in mecklenburg though, you'll have to show up on your date.

I would try and talk to the DA in Meck anyway before the date if you get all the registrations taken care of Sam. It could be an all day affair otherwise. Just explain that you go to school elsewhere and would like to see if there is another way other than the court date that it can get resolved.

If it gets dropped, they just MIGHT drop everything. When I got my ticket for unloading the old rig (no tags) on King St since the trailer wouldn't fit down the alley, they dropped it but made me pay the $120 in court costs.

The man will find a way to stick it to ya somehow.

yep, ask me where i bought my diesel. Told him in South Carolina where i can buy it for 1.79 a gallon. Why would i risk being dipped for that little a difference. I didnt have an aux. tank or any hint of running offroad diesel and i told him so. He was pretty much being a tool.

wonder why that doesn't count as an illegal search. anyone know? it's no different than them poking in some other area of the vehicle bringing things out.

oh the first thing he did was open my passenger rear door and pulled my paintball gun out asking what it was and why it was so "agressive". He did not once ASK me to look in my vehicle or move any bags or the take the paintball gun out of the vehicle. After he has sufficiently snooped around he came to my drivers window for my liscence and registration.

sorry to hear about your run in with the law...expired tag, not sam, i don't think i have ever seen you with a tag that wasn't expired, haha. get yourself a life time tag...or would that be to easy:flipoff2:

In the past when I had my YJ and used to tow 35xj's old junk, I had my Dodge tagged for 18k lbs. So I am fairly aquainted with the law...

But whats this SUV exemption deal? I now tow my Mustang with my ZJ. I had planned to add weight to my ZJ's tag to be safe. But do I need to? I looked through all 7 pages and did'nt see the info I was looking for.

4000 lb ZJ, towing 2800 lb Mustang on 1800 lb car hauler (not enclosed). So about 9000 lbs loaded with passenger and cargo.

Do I need 9000 lb weighted plate for an SUV? Dont mind being legal, just wont if I dont need (legally) to.

the first thing he did was open my passenger rear door and pulled my paintball gun out asking what it was and why it was so "aggressive".

Holy hell.. I'm all about supporting the LEO's, but I'd have SUCH a hard time not being a smart-ass when asked a question as fucking retarded as that.

"You're right.. it is rather aggressive. Though, seeing as how when playing paintball, you run around shooting each other with fucking projectiles, the game *itself* might be considered rather aggressive, don't ya think?" :shaking:

sorry to hear about your run in with the law...expired tag, not sam, i don't think i have ever seen you with a tag that wasn't expired, haha. get yourself a life time tag...or would that be to easy:flipoff2:

That would be easy, if my grandfather hadnt lost the title 20 years ago. :lol: Just been too lazy and we have never gotten pulled for it. :shaking:

Holy hell.. I'm all about supporting the LEO's, but I'd have SUCH a hard time not being a smart-ass when asked a question as fucking retarded as that.

"You're right.. it is rather aggressive. Though, seeing as how when playing paintball, you run around shooting each other with fucking projectiles, the game *itself* might be considered rather aggressive, don't ya think?" :shaking:

I kept a tight lip, because i knew i was in the wrong with the tag and he led on like he was going to let me go if i was cool. Not to mention the paintball gun was back there because i took the youth group from the church to play the weekend before. :shaking:

dammit Sam, now we've already had too much racism in this thread and now here you go with sexist comments like calling that very pleasent officer "THE MAN"

NO none of this makes you a racist....
However this
maurice a stereotypical black name
brownell (brown?)
lopez now we just went hispanic to boot interesting
cadillac on 26s yeah thats usually white guys too....
dont make it a racial issue.
You dont know who is reading what or will be offended...

that is funny that you drew all those conclusions. you must be racist.

small45, you just trying to keep a brotha down...err..wait...:flipoff2:

hey farmboy, i got an expired tag ticket about 1 year ago. i went and got a permanent tag before i went to court and they dropped the ticket. i did nto have to pay 1 cent. all i had to do was show up court day and show my registration to the da and he sent me on my way.
i thought it was funny because i had pulled the trailer from nc to ohio and florida with dead tags and i get stopped 30 minutes from my house!:lol:

oh the first thing he did was open my passenger rear door and pulled my paintball gun out asking what it was and why it was so "agressive". He did not once ASK me to look in my vehicle or move any bags or the take the paintball gun out of the vehicle. After he has sufficiently snooped around he came to my drivers window for my liscence and registration.
That sounds like an illegal search to me, they need your permission to enter your vehicle. If the officer found anything it would be inadmissible. File for a lost title and get the trailer registration taken care of.

Where can I get a copy of the exemption for weighted tags for an SUV?

Have had weighted tags on 2500 Suburban for 4 years. Never could get NCDMV to tell me I did not need them. In fact every NCDMV officer said that I had to have weighted tags!!

Tags are due this month and want to get regular tags!!

Where can I get a copy of the exemption for weighted tags for an SUV?
Have had weighted tags on 2500 Suburban for 4 years. Never could get NCDMV to tell me I did not need them. In fact every NCDMV officer said that I had to have weighted tags!!
Tags are due this month and want to get regular tags!!

Read up on this thread, it has the SUV stuff on page 1.
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60

That sounds like an illegal search to me, they need your permission to enter your vehicle. If the officer found anything it would be inadmissible. File for a lost title and get the trailer registration taken care of.

if he can see the gun from outside the vehicle I think he has the "probable cause" at that point to make sure it is not a threat and legal...

He shoudl be able to tell the difference between a paint ball gun a live ammo gun but Im sure he could plead ignorance.

if he can see the gun from outside the vehicle I think he has the "probable cause" at that point to make sure it is not a threat and legal...
He shoudl be able to tell the difference between a paint ball gun a live ammo gun but Im sure he could plead ignorance.

Unless he can see through the bad he moved to pick it up then i doubt it. :shaking: I just hate getting hasseled, but who doesnt.

He should have not gone through the vehicle with out permission.
I had a Sheriff's Deputy take my tag off my truck because he had told me I didn't have insurance on my truck I asked the ADA at the court house the day of my hearing about that and he said he didn't have the right to remove my tag.
I try to be nice to any cop who pulls me over and I always get a ticket anyway.

if you dont have insurance on your vehicle and the insurance company notifies the state, then a pick-up order is issued on your tag for any law enforcement officer with jurisdiction to take it and turn it in to dmv.

if you dont have insurance on your vehicle and the insurance company notifies the state, then a pick-up order is issued on your tag for any law enforcement officer with jurisdiction to take it and turn it in to dmv.
I did have insurance, the officer was in the wrong according to the ADA.

I got the tag for my Dodge today.....370 bucks for a 15klb tag. I'm gonna go back and upgrade it. I should have done it today but I was a little overwhelmed by the price. This tag will cover my truck and rig but not the trailor.....I need an 18k tag

Back