Pictures of your Furry Friends.

I always just have an open bowl policy. Keep the food and water bowls full all the time. That way the dog doesn’t panic thinking it has to scarf down all the food then and there. They take a mouth full or two when they want and go on about life. A lot of folks say open bowl policies are god awful, which I understand if you can’t control the bowl, but if the dog is only eating a few bites, you’re drastically reducing the chances any gastrointestinal issues
this is how ive always fed our dogs. Recently weve had to go to feeding times as my oldest had gained a little weight but he is also starting to show his age and having a harder time getting around so i put him on a diet. on the flip side our youngest dog until the puppy gets here i need her to gain a little weight. its the only effective way i can make sure they are only eating what they are suppose to.

I always just have an open bowl policy. Keep the food and water bowls full all the time. That way the dog doesn’t panic thinking it has to scarf down all the food then and there. They take a mouth full or two when they want and go on about life. A lot of folks say open bowl policies are god awful, which I understand if you can’t control the bowl, but if the dog is only eating a few bites, you’re drastically reducing the chances any gastrointestinal issues
Totally depends on the dog, we had a golden retriever that was capable of doing that, our ridgeback would eat until he exploded.

My brother in law has a Dane, she can't have an open water bowl, they had to disable the water on the door of the fridge that dog was so relentless and learned how to operate it.

Totally depends on the dog, we had a golden retriever that was capable of doing that, our ridgeback would eat until he exploded.

My brother in law has a Dane, she can't have an open water bowl, they had to disable the water on the door of the fridge that dog was so relentless and learned how to operate it.

I'd say that's more of training issue than anything. I've never known an animal not to go nuts over food and water until you take control.

68B38200-148B-4EF7-A42A-AAC8E69F7235.jpeg

Walked down to check the mail last night & could hear tiny meows coming from the gully. After some searching & coaxing, this tiny thing came running out with dried blood covering half her face & her eye completely scabbed over (I thought it was gone). @Mulishajoe helped me with cleaning, debugging, & treating.

Once she's all healed up, we'll look at finding her the perfect home ❤️

Snapchat-1390410658.jpg

6 month update with her favorite hooman…I honestly can’t get over how good/protective she is with the kids. Even during tickle battles, she does everything she can to get between the kid and the ‘assailant’. Edit…also starting to give her (the dog, not the kid) the freedom to patrol/go upstairs on her own and use the ‘dog couch’ in the bonus room. So far nothing torn up.

9DE1C23E-A234-46DF-BDB1-60A5ADA5C5B3.jpeg

875AC4A6-BA40-4D6B-B590-A79EBB7F6BD7.jpeg

Last edited:
Play hard, nap hard...reminds me of the thriller dance!
Resized_20220729_172558.jpeg

She may be cute and super smart but that gets her in just as much trouble as it keeps her outta trouble. Already knows sit and stay and will recall back to me over a 100 yards now
My wife wishes I was that disciplined :laughing:

Back