Project Steampunk Vol.2

www.facebook.com/groups/407656929585225/permalink/1376206722730236/

I'm sure they will be more than $800. The LowMax setup was $1500 if I recall correctly.

With a 435/465 it isn't a big deal, but with an auto deeper would be nice, esp if you can't take the length of adding a doubler.

The Bohemoth shorty was the ticket, but his business paradoxes killed it.

www.facebook.com/groups/407656929585225/permalink/1376206722730236/

I'm sure they will be more than $800. The LowMax setup was $1500 if I recall correctly.

With a 435/465 it isn't a big deal, but with an auto deeper would be nice, esp if you can't take the length of adding a doubler.

The Bohemoth shorty was the ticket, but his business paradoxes killed it.
I'm perma-banned from FB but at anything north of 1500 it's Atlas territory.
I'll stick with my old iron.

A 3.0 205 is what'd is like to have. If they're sub-g or just a touch over that'd be nice. If they're $1500 you may as well didn't another grand and get an Atlas. Too bad Atlas gear sets don't fit, they're <$800 a set

3.0 for the 205 would be cool but anything above $1500 is probably not going to sell. People will just get an atlas.

A 3.0 205 is what'd is like to have. If they're sub-g or just a touch over that'd be nice. If they're $1500 you may as well didn't another grand and get an Atlas. Too bad Atlas gear sets don't fit, they're

That's a good point. With enough time, one could possibly figure out how to make them work... but the cost to do so would likely be counter productive. Lowmax didn't make the ford 205 gears, because they said there wasn't enough room in the case.

Another option, to me, is bring back the DD Machine products, since they are no more. Reasonably priced crawl boxes.

It's a cold, wet, nasty day here. About the only thing I've got on my work table today is an NP205 getting resealed. The most appealing 12 pack the gas station had this morning was Heineken, and to make matters worse, the fire went out this morning, which would be the only thing that could make Heineken NOT suck as much.
Had to get creative when it came to painting the 205 yesterday. Temperature reached 52 right before the rain started. I was really deadset on painting to let it dry overnight. I had to improvise a heated paint booth for it so I went to Lowes and found a trick little 400 watt ceramic heater on clearance for $10. This little gadget kicks so my ass I may even use it in my bathroom.
IMG_20210131_101802682.jpg

IMG_20210131_101515944.jpg

Not sure if I get as far as swapping out with the 205 currently in my Jeep, but only if the mud puddle underneath it dries up. *Yawn yawn*

IMG_20210204_174157918.jpg

The time had come to swap out my NP205 in the Jeep for another one that I recently refurbished. I jump on deals on these Ford models when I find them. I'll scoop one up for $50-100 average regularly, just to keep a few around.
Saturday and Sunday got dedicated to turning wrenches, cold beer, and good music by a fire. I kind of live for this sort of thing.
IMG_20210206_150015076.jpg

Figured while I was pulling the transfer case, may as well pull the transmission too.
IMG_20210207_082735643.jpg

Back in the olden days, a sawdust floor meant you were in a speak-easy. Nowadays a plywood floor is no different. My house and backyard is always open for campfire stories. The tales along these roads. Bring it. I've been reuniting with a lot of good people from years past lately. Things happen for a reason.
IMG_20210203_074029905.jpg

A simple transfer case swap and transmission inspection couldn't keep me busy enough all weekend so I also realigned my entire drivetrain. I felt like doing something fun and challenging. It was more than satisfactory. Drivetrain now sits almost 2" higher than it did before. It was a feat just to get it back drivable for Monday morning. Woosah.
IMG_20210207_162013777.jpg

Tonight is probably the last night this week of decent rain-free weather. Soaking it up the best way I know how. Finishing up some loose ends from the weekends project. It was a ton of work. I somehow managed to jog my exhaust just enough to bust a leak in my collectors. I hate exhaust leaks. Just another reason to invest in a 2.5" die for the JD2 and an argon tank to start building my own custom stainless exhausts. May not fix every leak, every time, but damn it would look so much prettier.
IMG_20210208_203021651.jpg

IMG_20210208_195905598.jpg

I'd love to ditch the raggedy steel pipe.

Even gave the LEB cover a polishing. This is definitely a great touch to the old iron. Thanks @UTfball68
IMG_20210208_200303799.jpg

Last edited:
Update: Yes, I'm still alive.
Been enjoying my daily drives still. Cold weather, hot weather, what's the difference.? It's the thrill of driving something that started as this 5 years ago today. Nothing more than a bare frame I carried on my shoulder and placed on cinder blocks in a delapidated pole barn that leaked everytime it rained. We come a long way, baby.
IMG_20160402_182025.jpg

IMG_20160426_204230.jpg

IMG_20160316_185848632-EFFECTS.jpg

Cheers to hard work and dedication. Cheers to the wild life.
IMG_20210305_194830957.jpg

Update: Yes, I'm still alive.
Been enjoying my daily drives still. Cold weather, hot weather, what's the difference.? It's the thrill of driving something that started as this 5 years ago today. Nothing more than a bare frame I carried on my shoulder and placed on cinder blocks in a delapidated pole barn that leaked everytime it rained. We come a long way, baby.
View attachment 339984
View attachment 339986
View attachment 339987

Cheers to hard work and dedication. Cheers to the wild life.
View attachment 339991

That‘s gotta be a bad ass cat. Looks like he’s got some attitude.

I guess one could call this upgrade worthy. I've been putting off doing my front 60 gear install for a while. Saving it for a rainy day. Then, all of the sudden, I decided not to wait anymore. I've got some trails I need to hit soon.
Last weekend was a great time. I got to do something I haven't done in a while, and that was enjoy some live music. I attended the Camden Irish festival where I spent several hours wandering around enjoying some folk music, fresh air, good food and great company. Motivation. The stage was set at the front steps of the Kershaw- Cornwallis house and famous Revolutionary war battle site. The battle of Camden.

Camden-1.jpg

IMG_20210306_144216620_HDR.jpg

The warmer weather is rolling back in. Spring is in air and so is the best time to take some long scenic drives and hang out in the woods. I've got quite the ideal vehicle for it, and I just needed to get my 4x4 capabilities back. All day Sunday it took to achieve this. I'm happy with how it turned out, but damn it took some work. Of course I had to call up a friend for a second opinion. I second guess myself something fierce.
IMG_20210307_144143733.jpg

IMG_20210307_144159495.jpg

Celebrating Women's history month with the work of a musical prodigy. Known as "Kate the Great" from Charleston South Carolina and her masterpiece of a band Erutan.

I did that poem in a declamation contest when I was about 12 or 13. Never heard it put to music.... Enjoyed seeing you at the festival. Thanks for the beer.

I did that poem in a declamation contest when I was about 12 or 13. Never heard it put to music.... Enjoyed seeing you at the festival. Thanks for the beer.
Enjoyed it. Have fun on your vacation. Don't get too sunburnt.

Shop night at the In-laws. The "other" family.

Those here who frequent the NC4X4 Garage are probably aware of my current situation. Alcohol related charges suck. It's the most stressful and expensive fling I've ever... flung? Idk...
So as part of my court sentence, the state of Georgia put me on a flexible 3-12 probation, given that I complete some things. The last hurdle for me to jump through is a GA school for correcting bad habits and shit. Covid just had to complicate things as well. My in-laws were gracious enough to loan me a laptop with front facing camera with functional speakers and Wifi (things I don't currently have at my house), so I can complete this 20 hr course completely online. Woosah.... So all I have to do is show up and crash at their farm for three days and do some good ole facetime with some fellow party animals that ran into some bad luck like I did. Sounds easy enough. Well, it didn't exactly work. Being in an area thats hard to locate on a map combined with a Tornado warning, means that the signal for a zoom course was gonna be difficult. Yeah, it didn't work. But, driving there in person to the GA school will. Next weekend and a cheap rental car means problem solved, and I can finally kick this probation officer our of my bed and get back to peace of mind. So for the time being, despite a failed attempt to make headway with the online DUI school, I'd take this opportunity to spend some quality time with the folks my little sister married into 13 years ago. THE Inabinet family.
My brother in-law I properly nicknamed "Whiskey" years ago back when he was dating my sister (It's a long story :lol:) knows I'm a fool for a good shop night and a place to crash. And good Lord, do they have some cool toys to play with.
IMG_20210319_195657607.jpg

IMG_20210319_185428490.jpg

IMG_20210319_194142409.jpg

IMG_20210319_174635443_HDR.jpg

A 700cc Honda 4 stroke in a Go-cart? Sure why not. Papa Charlie is a madman.
IMG_20210319_205616967.jpg

3846~2.jpeg

Then I find a diamond. I've been tossing around ideas of starting a new project just to keep my hands busy. The Jeep needs little to nothing nowadays aside from minor pitt stop repairs, and I'm getting bored. I could be wrong, but I do think this may be an '81 HD Sportster 5 883 Milwaukee edition. I couldn't resist to offer a few dollars. I fell in love so fast all I could do was throw the tarp back on it before I was head over heels. I mean, gas prices aren't going down anytime soon. I'd love a new addiction and more reasons to stay up all night again. :rolleyes:
IMG_20210320_104538678_HDR.jpg

I wake up this morning moderately hungover covered in kittens. I ended up sleeping on my sister's couch. My two little nieces loved having uncle "Rahrah" stay the night singing country music with them. I love my family to death. My sister is still after 30+ years my best friend. Her daughters are little angels. Her husband is one my best friends. His family is mine.

I left Orangeburg around noon today, stopped by the casa in Cola to pick up my ladder and tools to head up to my friend Mr Claude's place on the Broad river 80 miles away to stay the night. Like I promised him, I'll help him revive the old bar. It's of my fondest memories from childhood. The 100+ year old general store is about to come back to life. One day at a time. This project will be going on for a WHILE. Waiting on some rowdy locals to show up and drink some cold ones by the fire currently. Tomorrow morning, it's a full day of work just to get the ball rolling. This project will probably extend into the summer.
IMG_20210320_180625810.jpg

IMG_20210320_173531152_HDR.jpg

Looks like I'll be renting a car and roadtripping to Marietta Georgia next weekend. I'm ready for the bullshit to be over.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with a nice knuckle. Also, I fully approve some shrooms and riverfront time!
Well sir, you're on permanent invite. Don't call, aint gotta text... Just show up. Good time guaranteed

IMG_20210321_183855408.jpg

The Blair stories

In every small town, in every county, and in every corner of the state we call home, live the most incredible people we've probably never met. Some we have, but a good aquaintance is a perishable asset. A stranger is only that because we've yet worked up the courage to introduce ourselves. There are places way out in the middle of what we consider nowhere that are a magnet for people that are out of the ordinary. We don't just stumble upon them, they finds us. Get out and ride. Go out and live. Those are two things you'll never regret.
IMG_20210321_113347002.jpg

Sunday I spent the day with one of the volunteers dedicated to the Old Bar revival. He only lives a few minutes away from it, in the middle of one of the coolest forgotten places I've ever been. A land that time forgot that is so saturated with history that's it's almost overwhelming. It's a pleasure to spend time with those who love it and live for it.
IMG_20210321_133655186_HDR.jpg

Upon my arrival at his place, he decided it's time to fire up the Z71 and get it back going again. These trucks back in the early 2000s were what every highschool country boy used to stand in line to buy. He's the same age as I am, and like me, never could afford one back then.
IMG_20210321_175639111.jpg

His two sons had an absolute blast taking turns riding trails in the Jeep.
Right in behind his house is a large patch of land that he hunts on membership. Deep in this pristine woodland run many creeks that he also relic hunts. I feel very fortunate to be a pupil of his when it comes to the art of finding native arrowheads. Some of them date back to Neolithic age. His personal collection is insane. He has relics that I never knew existed, and he's a wealth of knowledge on it. I can't even begin to describe how fascinated I am by this stuff, and it's awesome to meet anyone who loves history as much as I do.
IMG_20210321_161958339.jpg

IMG_20210321_162411976_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210321_130629076.jpg

Some of his findings are lesser known. Native Americans, in this case Cherokee, used to carve out marbles for the children to play with. While exploring way up the Saluda river he's stumbled upon oyster shells over 100 miles inland from the sea that validates the trading that took place amongst tribes throughout the state.
IMG_20210321_144005318.jpg

What I'm holding here is a hand chiseled stone knife that was recovered from the Broad last year. It's astonishing how well it was designed to fit the hand still even after thousands of years.
IMG_20210321_131243803.jpg

We finished up the exciting day with a few hours of work at the Old Bar and getting everyone introduced to Mr Claude. It's been a very long time since I've had this much fun meeting up with an old friend and family.

Every day is a learning experience, and history is the best place to start.
IMG_20210321_191600714_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Bringing back the thrill of the good ole days.
My DUI course for Georgia got rescheduled for the 9-11th of April, which gave me yet another weekend to spend with the Blair family up on the banks of the Broad river. What a beautiful weekend it was. My friend Dusty and I met up at the old bar to hammer out of few hours of work putting up tin siding Saturday. We made it pretty far by the end of the day. Two extension ladders, a broken ladder and an 8 footer plus two drills, scrounging for screws got us to about 80% complete by 8pm. It's was a good day. I got to dig around the attic of the place and stumbled upon some antiques.
IMG_20210403_145530437_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210403_145538814_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210403_155510920_HDR.jpg

The grand opening of the Broad River Bar just got a few steps closer.

A nippy cold night on the river was invigorating, and what I live for. Had a big warm camp fire going and a few random visitors pull up to hang out. A few Instagram heroes pulled up in a TJ wanting to test out their 4x4 against an LS 1 ton YJ on 37s. I'll do them the decency of not posting names, faces or location and asked of them the same. Lol
At any rate, Easter Sunday was spent with the Blair family having a full blown cookout with great food and great people.
IMG_20210404_131949094_HDR.jpg

...To be continued. Getting off probation finally this week.

Bringing back the thrill of the good ole days.
My DUI course for Georgia got rescheduled for the 9-11th of April, which gave me yet another weekend to spend with the Blair family up on the banks of the Broad river. What a beautiful weekend it was. My friend Dusty and I met up at the old bar to hammer out of few hours of work putting up tin siding Saturday. We made it pretty far by the end of the day. Two extension ladders, a broken ladder and an 8 footer plus two drills, scrounging for screws got us to about 80% complete by 8pm. It's was a good day. I got to dig around the attic of the place and stumbled upon some antiques.
View attachment 342733
View attachment 342734
View attachment 342735

The grand opening of the Broad River Bar just got a few steps closer.

A nippy cold night on the river was invigorating, and what I live for. Had a big warm camp fire going and a few random visitors pull up to hang out. A few Instagram heroes pulled up in a TJ wanting to test out their 4x4 against an LS 1 ton YJ on 37s. I'll do them the decency of not posting names, faces or location and asked of them the same. Lol
At any rate, Easter Sunday was spent with the Blair family having a full blown cookout with great food and great people.
View attachment 342737

...To be continued. Getting off probation finally this week.
Guy #1: "How good is that brake fluid?"
Guy #2: "Well, it's not great, but its alright."
Guy #1: "Fill er up!"

Back