Project Steampunk Vol.2

01f61a6332d0bd13ce8632a8fa0d1e8a.jpg

Tonight is dedicated to relaxation, and recharging of the mind. The most accurate calendar ever invented, was actually not at all; it was already here. It has something very powerful to share with those who will listen and learn. *Thank you, Angel* That was a gift I will hold on to forever. You're watching my back from 3,000 miles away.
Sagittarius Waxing Crescent
Screenshot_20201116-191550.png

The bulk of what I'm doing tonight is just painting before rust sets in. That, and hanging around the fire and cooking food. I have a plan for the winch mount. I just have to offer the boss a few dollars for material. It's fairly simple. I need to do some shop reorganizing too.
IMG_20201116_190504499.jpg

Nothing spells relaxation like a Reggae band from the early 80's. They were also the first Reggae group to ever win a Grammy.

Burn it if ya got it.

Last edited:
As I was sitting here in the Jeep on lunch break enjoying a cold beverage, I happen to glance down and seent this:
IMG_20201119_123927657.jpg

No, not the bundle of beautifully cured lighter knot.... the puddle, of coolant. I can either replace the heater core or delete it from my cooling system.

It's gonna be nice having the extra space under the dash. ;)

I don't use heat.

As I was sitting here in the Jeep on lunch break enjoying a cold beverage, I happen to glance down and seent this:
View attachment 331111
No, not the bundle of beautifully cured lighter knot.... the puddle, of coolant. I can either replace the heater core or delete it from my cooling system.

It's gonna be nice having the extra space under the dash. ;)

I don't use heat.
I may or may not have loaded 40lbs of local fatwood (lighter knot) in the UHaul. We have that stuff every where here in the Pine Barrens... And F that heater...but heated seats yes please.

I may or may not have loaded 40lbs of local fatwood (lighter knot) in the UHaul. We have that stuff every where here in the Pine Barrens... And F that heater...but heated seats yes please.
I'm down to the last hundred lbs here.
I need to call my tree guy up.
IMG_20201121_134058093_HDR.jpg

In a previous rig, I actually retrofitted the heaters out of a Cadillac and the lumbar supports out of a Jag into a set of suspension seats. It was pretty slick. The adjustable lumbar supports were basically miniature DC air compressors plumbed into a medical-style air bag. That was back in the day when I spent way too much time in junkyards. :lol:

Today was simple point and shoot.
Steel. Weld. Paint. Done.

You can stick it to the man, but you can't throw a man at a stick... I mean, you can't throw a stick at a man... Or can't take a stick from a man...or stick a man in the.... Fuck it, you get the idea. :smokin:

Winch plate.
IMG_20201121_090833510_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201121_104251813_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201121_104032595_BURST000_COVER.jpg

IMG_20201121_104021939_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201121_132950018.jpg

Time to go figure out what kinda winch I want.

The heater core is officially gone. I never realized how much of a pain in the ass it is to remove the heater core assembly from a Jeep.
I also took time to replace the intake gaskets. The vacuum leak that's been driving me mad is finally fixed.

For the lack of anything more productive to do last night, or the shining motivation to proceed into such endeavors besides hanging out with dad and be-bopin to some classic rock, I used a tool I've never used before. A scan tool. Heres the results:
IMG_20201123_212423993.jpg

As you can see, she sent me a text message screaming at me about how I forgot to hook up the check engine light.
Fancy that.
What baby girl wants, my baby girl gets.

So, if you own a well respected glass blowing business and need custom signage unlike anything you'll find or see anywhere else, what do ya do?
I was sitting here in my Waterjet building at work cutting stuff like usual when the owners of One Eared Cow glass showed up to hang out. This building has turned into a regular meetup place for local art people. It's not uncommon to see painters, sculptors, college professors, and everything in between stop by to browse around at some of our stuff. I keep everything somewhat organized and on display for easy gander. Most find me tolerable to talk to, I suppose.
One day in particular, they go walking through the building with Chris, and as I look over I see Mark of OEC grab my brand new push broom, dip it into my water/muck separation tank and toss it on the floor. I was a little cross that he did that to my nice broom, but I noticed that something in that water spray pattern on the concrete floor inspired him on a new sign for the business. Then it all made sense. I myself can find inspiration in practically anything. I get it.
Here it is out of 3/16" Al awaiting on a decision for powder coat.
IMG_20201124_102149107_HDR.jpg

If you're ever in the area, this place is a must see. These guys are absolute wizards at what they do.
One Eared Cow hand blown glass art, gifts and lighting

D92Tw3OWsAAanZL.jpg

A true Jeeper is a highly underrated lifestyle. I'm in the mood for some fuckin snow.
IMG_20201216_123346523.jpg

Screenshot_20201216-122851.png

Temperatures in the teens and twenties just make my nipples hard. So does the fact that I'm still a licensed driver (refer to "Hot Georgia Nights"- in the Garage).
I did install a turn signal switch finally. Omix-ada 9 wire for 41-76 CJ.

Heavy metal always does it better.

Last edited:
Well....we have about 3/4 inch on the ground right now. Supposed to be about a foot by the time all is said and done. You're more than welcome to have some! :lol: BTW that snow bunny up yonner is smokin'

Well....we have about 3/4 inch on the ground right now. Supposed to be about a foot by the time all is said and done. You're more than welcome to have some! :lol: BTW that snow bunny up yonner is smokin'
I should be there by Friday morning :lol:

View attachment 333248
A true Jeeper is a highly underrated lifestyle. I'm in the mood for some fuckin snow.
View attachment 333240
View attachment 333241
Temperatures in the teens and twenties just make my nipples hard. So does the fact that I'm still a licensed driver (refer to "Hot Georgia Nights- in the Garage).
I did install a turn signal switch finally. Omix-ada 9 wire for 46-71 CJ.

Heavy metal always does it better.

Here I am worrying about the windshield frame leaking.....

It was starting to snow as I got TF outta Maryland this morning. You can have that mess.

It was starting to snow as I got TF outta Maryland this morning. You can have that mess.
I just wanna go cut some rev limiter power drifts through downtown intersections and make a bunch of squat truckers pee their pants.
:driver:
Actually, that might be a horrible idea.
Primarily just looking for snow bunnies. I'll take three.

1350 Sterling yokes suck. 1310 CV 205 yokes suck. 1310 anything sucks. A cold beer by the backyard fire pit, turning wrenches and cooking food does not suck, nor does having a friend that owns a towing company. Thanks, Mr B.
IMG_20201226_162547631.jpg

BANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG.
Pretty sure you've repeatedly found the weakest link.
Well that's two excuses to go spend a few hundred on parts, right? ;)
This time both yokes broke simultaneously. It was more like a CRACCCKYAHHH!!!

That is a heck of a job breaking that.
Soft tires, Grizzly locker, old school manual trans and a healthy V8. I'm just glad it happened in a Walmart parking lot. :lol:
Or am I?

Back