Project Steampunk

If you don't want me there you better not give me your address or time that said party is going on.....

Found it. Going to read your novel now.

Edit: Pretty cool! Which standalone harness you with (link). I also play to just buy a harness. No way am i messing with an oem gm harness. Rewiring the YJ with the EZ-Wire kit was all the wiring i need for this decade

Last edited:
Do tell what bar in Hartsville you went to? Mac's? Jeep looks good. Keep in touch we will get together some time. I've be thrashing on the MJ project for the one of my boys.

Is that a pinion as a gear shift knob? Love it! (Mind if i copy you? lol)

It's a 14 bolt spider gear. Make sure to file the sharp points first. I tigged a washer on one side to stick the threaded shifter through and then tightened a nut down.

Awesome idea man. I even have a spare 14b pinion too. A spare 60 as well. :D

If i recall, you want a 1/4 to 1/2 inch space between the bottom of the filter and the bottom of the tank to prevent buildup under the filter?

Looking good bro..
:beer:

As far as a cell goes, the biggest question is if I rather carry 15 gallons or 19. Having a backseat is not of concern.
Rhodes Race Cars makes cells identical to RCI but slightly cheaper and rumor has it, a little thicker. They advertise .100" thickness. I had a bottom sump RRC 20 gallon on Savage Amusement and had no failures.
So it's down to the 2161 (15G) or the 2191 (19G).

Fawk an RCI tank. WAY too many busted units posted on the internet.

Universal Aluminum Tanks - Universal Tanks

0.125" thick walls

I can't remember off the top of my head which belt I used on Savage Amusement (6.0 TJ), but it was a Goodyear Gatorback. I'll do what I did last time and size it up with the handy length chart.
https://m.summitracing.com/search/product-line/goodyear-gatorback-poly-v-serpentine-belts
Mine is complete with all truck/suv accessories in stock location and minus the AC compressor. Very common size. Once I figure out what length I need, I'll post a part#.
Tried to help you out, looked at belt on 6.0 TJ , but numbers not readable. Sorry. YJ project looking good!

You do boxes? I'll remember that when I'm on the road and ready to do hydro assist :)

I've done 8 so far with good results. Page 3 or 4 has some details on it with a hydraulic parts list. If you have one that needs it, send it my way.

ill def do that when it comes time to do that. im gunna do it after im drivable to reduce costs to get the build on the street

Glad you could use them. Looking forward to wheeling with you when you get it done...... No rush on the box.

Welding with some 6011s? I was under the impression that 7018s are good for welding to center sections and such. Please school me on your ways...

Back