Project Steampunk

I have a couple sets of stock tj springs if you want to try them. I think both sets I have are the tallest ones, from Rubicon/LJ.

I really didn't think I was going to have to be the one to get this thread back on track.
IMG_2179.jpg

Does Joseph have a build thread? That's my old TJ. I'm glad someone was able to throw the money into it that I never could :D I'm sure you remember, but for anyone that doesn't know the work that was put into this rig, here's what it looked like when I sold her 2 years ago......

Steampunk is turning out awesome. I enjoy visiting this thread to check out the innovation and read about your adventures haha. Keep up the good work :rockon:

Sorry about the lack of updates lately. Like many in my field, I've been sick as a dog for over a week. Lymphatic infections suck!
Hope you feel better soon. Looking forward to seeing yours on the trail......

I need to figure out a rear to go with my Ford D44 in your scrounging if you see something let em know. Probably going to hit the Pull a part Saturday if they are open. Get R Done! Lets ride!

If you don't have a locker yet, have you thought of making a lead locker? You just melt a bunch of tire weights, form aluminum sheeting around the underside of the carrier, and pour in molten lead about 2 cups worth. It's a lot easier and bonus is the lead will crack and allow some give before you break an axle shaft.

You can notch the factory skid, heat the tank up with heat guns, and use ratchet straps to remind it to your skid. If you have a 1" body lift you can also take 1" out of the akif drop. Essentially free and there's a write-up on pirate where a guy got 5" stretch with an 8.8 doing this and it took him only a few hours. I'll try to post a link.

If you don't have a locker yet, have you thought of making a lead locker? You just melt a bunch of tire weights, form aluminum sheeting around the underside of the carrier, and pour in molten lead about 2 cups worth. It's a lot easier and bonus is the lead will crack and allow some give before you break an axle shaft.

Wuh? That will grenade the entire rear end instead of just a shaft...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neither lead nor welding the diff is a good idea long term, but I'd much rather heat lead in an old pot and pour than trying to clean and weld oil soaked hardened metal. I'm going the lead route until I can afford a detroit. The link below shows how quick the process is.

Neither lead nor welding the diff is a good idea long term, but I'd much rather heat lead in an old pot and pour than trying to clean and weld oil soaked hardened metal. I'm going the lead route until I can afford a detroit. The link below shows how quick the process is.

That is the dumbest thing I've heard today. I can pick up a piece of lead and drop it and it will distort. F that buy a mini spool and. Be done

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

WTF are you smokin?

How wide is the van 14bolt?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

If you still need coil retainers I have a pair of those weird plate ones left from the ZJ. They actually did great just looked odd.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Back