Race Mountain City Nov. 22 NEW UPDATES

how do ya get there from the mcdonalds in mnt city and if we get a truck ready in time can we pay at the gate...

Take a left out of the McDonalds parkin lot and drive down to the intersection in front of food lion, take a right the track is 4 miles down on the left. Put your directional on when ya get to the volunteer fire department and start slowin down.

Yes folks can pay at the gate,since registration been slow.
Drivers meeting is at 9am,this is when we'll draw starting/running order.So be early.
Once you get there you'll be funneled down the gravel drive to the tower,this is where spectators will go right into the grass parking area and racers/rigs etc will pull forward past the tower and "pit road" etc will be setup down the long back stretch..........for direction when there look for the isuzu's there will be a pack of us:huggy:
so that means you have a 1 in 3 odds of winning a trophy.
Heck that's good odds for the Isuzu folks........we can all bring home a trophy:popcorn:
Another thing a local jeep on 38's attempted the tire mountain,
he got a tire on it and said "the person with the biggest balls,will be the only one able to do this":shaking:
:driver:
Let's have fun:popcorn:
Friday night they will have a big sign lit up at the road for late comers.
Eh Tennbronco you bringing firewood,for the fire your going to keep going all night:flipoff2:
I might be able to come up with some..........still gotta fix the truck so I can break it this weekend.........it's a vicious cycle

oh and those are good directions if your leaving the Mcdonalds parking lot.

At the corner of foodlion at the light look for a big yellow sign that says cornmaze/atv motorcycle track.......

:popcorn:
come on Len,you ain't gonna let Joe get away with that smack talk are ya?
As I understand it, Joe is not running the Trooper and therefore he must be planning to "SACRIFICE" a Isuzu/Honda just to beat a Jeep.
We've only got about 9 racers, so that means you have a 1 in 3 odds of winning a trophy.
I have two Jeeps entered... odds are in my favor...assuming I get the second one back together in time.

Glad you have a Sat. sign up. I am bringing something up there Sat. morning. Shooting for Friday evening, but will have to see. Either a 70 Commando or a 77 Chief :driver: Got to even the Jeep odds of winning. :beer:

Looks like it's turning into a Isuzu v/s jeep v/s bronco fest........:popcorn:
we'll let's go get some them:driver:
Saturday registers don't forget a helmet
Gas is at or below $2 a gallon in TN........I know that's a shock to some NC folks.........not sure on diesel prices tho'

Looks like it's turning into a Isuzu v/s jeep v/s bronco fest........:popcorn:
we'll let's go get some them:driver:
Saturday registers don't forget a helmet
Gas is at or below $2 a gallon in TN........I know that's a shock to some NC folks.........not sure on diesel prices tho'

it dropped below 2.00 here in nc too, diesel is around 2.90
whats the name of the hotel again up there? Thanks

From post #4

------------MOTEL Info----------
Mountain Empire Motel has worked out a deal for racers coming to the race $50 a night + tax ~$6.45.
This is the Motel located at 1537 S. Shady st/HWY 421
mountain City tn.
#423-727-7777
MAke sure to tell them you are with the $x$cross 4wd truck race for discount.
This is the Motel lot's of folks stay at when going to Callalantee

Racers can show up earlier on friday if they want,I plan to be there 'bout lunch to finish prep'n track area.

Just talked to the hotel, told him(asian or indian guy maybe) I was with the race, he acted like he did not know what I was talkin about, he said it was $54 plus tax, is there someone in particular I should talk to. Thanks

his name is Simon he is the owner:shaking: tell him it's for the 4x4cross race at Shulls farm.
on a side note:
1) bad thing is the wifes sister just booked a room for thanksgiving weekend for $48 a night..........I tried to help but apparently just because he doesn't speak english he can make us feel like it's a deal.:shaking:

2)The other hotel wanted $75 a night.

3)There are a few cabin's about 3/4hr away from the track, past Callalantee that go for ~$100 a night,you can call Ronnie at Callalantee for reservations.

As for camping o'yeah,it's actually warmer this weekend than in alot of country's around the world:flipoff2:
Looking like clear and sunny with a high 45-50*.........there goes the bikini watching:popcorn:

Well, it appears that we are not going to make it for the race. The family and I have been under the weather for awhile now and are still not 100% yet, the hazards of working with children. As a result I have not gotten my rigs ready yet and don't foresee myself pulling it together in time.

The upside here is that it makes the odds even better for those Isuzu's to place in the race.:flipoff2:

Thanks Doug, and everyone involved, for your efforts and hope we can make it next year.

If we get over this crud we'll see ya at Callalentee.

Wow sorry to hear this ya'll,hope you feel better.

So we now have a really open invite for folks to show up saturday morning and register,we still need to put on a show for the spectators.Those in attendence will do there best,I'm sure.

I am signing off the thread now,I don't have internet at the house,am off the next two days to finish my truck and the track,may try to sneak on a friends comp tommorrow and friday,not sure.

If anyone needs anything or has question Ask here or PM tennbronco we will be in contact whenever anything comes up.

Come on out and play and enjoy the day on saturday,to those that will be there friday night,we'll see you at the fire.:beer:

Doug

Enroute, probably getting into the AO about 1630 ish...nice, right when the sun goes down...so much for looking at the course today. grrrr.

#77 is loaded and ready to leave along with it's drive "Stevey Bobby" :flipoff2: See you all @ 9am

Back