Random pic thread.

4296cy.jpg

:flipoff2:

Duane

I’m slowly cleaning my moms garage of all my dads tools and things.
First tool box had a bunch of data termination tools, some I’m not quite sure what they are for.

View attachment 318337

The red one is a coax crimper, the yellow and black thing is a breaker tracer, the rest is mostly for stripping and crimping cat5. Stuff I'd hang onto.

I’m slowly cleaning my moms garage of all my dads tools and things.
First tool box had a bunch of data termination tools, some I’m not quite sure what they are for.

View attachment 318337

Top pouch looks like a standard PC tool kit...yellow spring thing on the left is a chip puller. (remember when memory was DIP's?) Red thing in the pouch is a punch-down tool for phone and data panels.

Yellow thing with a finger hole is a jacket remover for phone or data lines...slip it over the line, twirl a couple of times, and it cuts the jacket to expose the wires inside.

Blue thing next to it is another punch-down tool.

White/gray thing next to it is a cheapo phone plug (RJ-11) crimper.

Red handle thing is a coax crimper. If you're going to do any coax, get a compression tool and use compression fittings, not that.

Orange handle thing is a combination RJ11/RJ45 (phone and data) crimper. That's a decent one...not great, it will wear, but is decent. Home use you'll never wear it out.

The silver scissors are electricians/electronics scissors....about the only thing I use mine for was cutting the danged ripper filaments in phone or data cable.

The only tools there that really cost money are the two punchdown tools, new off the shelf they are probably 40-50 bucks each now. And the circuit finder...20-40 bucks new. The rest might bring five bucks at a yard sale.

Keep most of it...you'll need it one day.

(BTW if anybody needs a crimp/cleave fiber optic tool kit and performance meter, send me a PM. I'm keeping all my tools, but don't think I'll be doing fiber again.)

Last edited:
Would the excavator pictured in the background not be able to lift those discs? That crane looks expensive as hell.

that disc weighs around 24000 pounds the crane didn’t have enough weight to pick it up the first day so they brought in about 20 more tons to help it.

that disc weighs around 24000 pounds the crane didn’t have enough weight to pick it up the first day so they brought in about 20 more tons to help it.
You don't happen to be between Kinston and New Bern within eyesight of 70 do you? Just passed what looked to be a yellow Edwards crane on the other side of the wood line making a tractor recovery. My first thought was that it was you :lol:

Red thing in the pouch is a punch-down tool for phone and data panels.

Yellow thing with a finger hole is a jacket remover for phone or data lines...slip it over the line, twirl a couple of times, and it cuts the jacket to expose the wires inside.

Blue thing next to it is another punch-down tool.

Red handle thing is a coax crimper. If you're going to do any coax, get a compression tool and use compression fittings, not that.

Thanks! Those were the ones I wasn't sure about.

Hey look. Somebody finally posted a pic.
Well I mean....you can SAY you have 7" all day long, but when you have to PROVE it.... [crickets]

Well I mean....you can SAY you have 7" all day long, but when you have to PROVE it.... [crickets]
Just to be clear. I have never said that.

7.5" total rainfall over the past 3-4 days.

IMG_20200522_062808.jpg

Fuck.

We haven't had near that up here. Today is the first real rainy day we've had in awhile.

water jet like a metal cutting table? I had no idea they did that.
Appears they have been slack on daily clean up.(if it is indeed a water jet table)

Back