Random pic thread.

Posts like this remind me to put grease or antiseize on bolt shanks... Then getting in a hurry to get it back together and skip that step on everyone.

Anti-seize will keep you or the next guy from cussing when it comes back apart. Makes a world of difference, just have to be prepared to be tin man for a day.

This is what luck looks like. Bolt broke in the joint which sucked but not a major deal in most cases. So I cut/grind the head of the bolt off and take a sawsall to the other side. (Nut welded to bracket ) Get the arm out. Touch the remaining bolt and it moves. :eek: Ended up threading out by hand. :D
View attachment 319452
View attachment 319453
Ol hot wrench is a beautiful thing

My "help" definitely doesn't make me more efficient.
20200608_190622.jpg

That vehicle looks to be a mix of a Renegade, Wrangler, and Bronco II. But I'd still eat the whole carton of ice cream.
Looks like a Nissan Cube to me.

It's a lawn mower.....not a stump grinder.

Not around my place. I have more exposed roots than grass. I figure if I hack away at them enough I'll finally get to a point that I won't hit anything. :eek:

Although my blades didn't look quite that bad when I put new ones on a couple of weeks ago.

Finally got around to putting some new blades on the mower.
7cea0006c008a7daa5f7cc55d8e00e3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mowers aren't my area of expertise, but what are you running that has splined mower blades? Is that a belt drive to a keyed motor shaft?
My JD210 was a heck of a stump grinder, the belts were always the weak link, every two years like clockwork a silent pop was followed by a $50 deck belt replacement.

Mowers aren't my area of expertise, but what are you running that has splined mower blades? Is that a belt drive to a keyed motor shaft?
My JD210 was a heck of a stump grinder, the belts were always the weak link, every two years like clockwork a silent pop was followed by a $50 deck belt replacement.
My old simplicity is just like that.

Actually, My JD X300 is too.

... except my blades don't have chunks out of them ;-)

Spindle bolts to deck.
belt drives spindle pulley.
Spindle drive shaft through double shear roller bearings.
Spindle shaft is star/Splined at end and blade bolts to it.

Thats how ...every mower Ive ever had was

Spindle bolts to deck.
belt drives spindle pulley.
Spindle drive shaft through double shear roller bearings.
Spindle shaft is star/Splined at end and blade bolts to it.

Thats how ...every mower Ive ever had was

Must be brand-specific or something. I've never had a mower with a splined blade, but I know they're out there.

Back