Random pic thread.

Cleaning out moms old vinyl collection

Obscurest-Vinyl_1-698x744.jpg

Came across this on Instagram, not sure exactly what’s going on?
Seen a setup like that before. Springs are cut and used as links and coils installed.

Heard a big boom about 200ft from the playground we were at this afternoon. Saw the powerlines shaking and crows squawking and flying away, thought one of them had arc'd or a transformer had blown.
20210629_173033.jpg

Turns out ol boy "just looked down at his pizza" in the passenger seat and next thing you know his Touareg was totaled on a power pole. I guess the boom was the combination of impact and the tire blowing out.
20210629_174832.jpg
20210629_174800.jpg
20210629_174807.jpg

(There was a pizza in the passenger seat. I thought about asking for a slice so it wouldn't go to waste! :laughing: )

Added some shade to the patio today...

View attachment 351005
Did you just build those bases yourself out of some steel plate? Also any more details on the umbrellas? We added one of the cheap "Amazon Special" ($129) cantilever ones this year as a proof of concept and it works great, but I don't expect it to last long. Those look a little more robust. Also if there is wind in excess of about 5-7mph I gett a little un-easy. TIA

Did you just build those bases yourself out of some steel plate? Also any more details on the umbrellas? We added one of the cheap "Amazon Special" ($129) cantilever ones this year as a proof of concept and it works great, but I don't expect it to last long. Those look a little more robust. Also if there is wind in excess of about 5-7mph I gett a little un-easy. TIA
Not a high Jack cause I'm also interested in the hardware.
These however are badass and tested a plenty.
Screenshot_2021-06-30-11-58-01.png

Screenshot_2021-06-30-12-01-00.png

Yep, cut the bases out of 1/4 steel plate. 18" square. Drilled and tapped 5/16 holes for the umbrella base, and 9/16" holes at the corners for mounting bolts.

Wanted the 12' umbrellas, but another 200 bucks each, could not justify. These were 400 each, and I think well worth the money. Pro tip: each one came with a coupon for a free item, either their cheap offset umbrella, a plastic water/sand base, or a standard iirc 9' umbrella...$50 to $120 worth on Amazon.

Used these to bolt to the patio slab:

Here is the bumbershoot:

Amazon product ASIN B08ML4SXQ9

In the big pic, I didn't have the base covers on. Covers the bolts and mechanism for rotating.

20210630_132645.jpg

In the big pic, I didn't have the base covers on. Covers the bolts and mechanism for rotating.

View attachment 351036
Those self tapping anchors are the trick. I can pull a standard 1/2 redhead right on up with my impact gun. Those self tappers stop the impact in it's tracks.

Back