Random pic thread.

20210702_210955.jpg

20210702_210904.jpg

20210702_210024.jpg

Last night I was perusing FB MP looking for a truck that won’t break the bank when I spied the red Ford above. It was a great price so I messaged the guy. He seemed pretty cool judging by his profile and I decided to head out when he said “come on before someone else buys it”. It was 8:30pm but he said he would pull it in his shop to let me check it out.

Took me an hour and a half to get to him (not too far from Troutman) and I’m glad I went. Ben Haag is one of the coolest guys I’ve met. He builds chassis, flatheads and old hemis for hotrods for folks all over the country. He builds custom bikes and planes too.

Ben is a cancer survivor. he had non Hodgkin’s lymphoma and beat it. He let me walk all around and look while his beautiful wife (who is as good a mechanic and builder as he is) chatted with us both about cars, trucks, tractors and planes.

He and she are both huge fans of Ford trucks and have built some really nice ones.

Both are pilots and Ben is also a certified airplane mechanic.

The pics don’t do the 2 shops justice

94C84956-6828-415A-8F7B-D46DA36B4A80.jpeg
12887C07-A1DA-49C3-AD42-0B0A118A57E0.jpeg
0D233ACB-8737-4D15-921C-E1E4945A2E0C.jpeg
2AF266AE-CC9A-44B6-8765-1DBC253DE336.jpeg
30C76905-CD8C-464B-9707-726796F9A179.jpeg
FAD3A25B-103D-4E98-AA2C-46B340197314.jpeg
4A1D996B-2B82-43E4-A76C-7F1C6550D595.jpeg

This car is unbelievable. Ben built the chassis and drives it everywhere. He said it will cruise at 100mph all day. It has a quick change rear axle and he carries gears with him when he travels 😀

He is leaving for Bonneville on it soon for the races, driving it all the way.

DEA3297E-52C9-4DA3-98B6-31528648220E.jpeg

Sometimes you meet the most interesting people!

😎

Last night I was perusing FB MP looking for a truck that won’t break the bank when I spied the red Ford above. It was a great price so I messaged the guy. He seemed pretty cool judging by his profile and I decided to head out when he said “come on before someone else buys it”. It was 8:30pm but he said he would pull it in his shop to let me check it out.

Took me an hour and a half to get to him (not too far from Troutman) and I’m glad I went. Ben Haag is one of the coolest guys I’ve met. He builds chassis, flatheads and old hemis for hotrods for folks all over the country. He builds custom bikes and planes too.

Ben is a cancer survivor. he had non Hodgkin’s lymphoma and beat it. He let me walk all around and look while his beautiful wife (who is as good a mechanic and builder as he is) chatted with us both about cars, trucks, tractors and planes.

He and she are both huge fans of Ford trucks and have built some really nice ones.

Both are pilots and Ben is also a certified airplane mechanic.

The pics don’t do the 2 shops justice

View attachment 351273View attachment 351274View attachment 351275View attachment 351276View attachment 351277View attachment 351278View attachment 351280

This car is unbelievable. Ben built the chassis and drives it everywhere. He said it will cruise at 100mph all day. It has a quick change rear axle and he carries gears with him when he travels 😀

He is leaving for Bonneville on it soon for the races, driving it all the way.

View attachment 351279

Sometimes you meet the most interesting people!

😎
And all you bought was an f250???

Gawwww

do they go in a fireplace ?
Not sure. They used to have a foundry in the mill where he worked. This was many many many many moons ago. Not sure what they were used for but he got a pair of them. He's been asking me forever to help clean them up. As usual this was a huge PITA. Just about everything with the blaster that could go wrong did but I finally got them done.

Not sure. They used to have a foundry in the mill where he worked. This was many many many many moons ago. Not sure what they were used for but he got a pair of them. He's been asking me forever to help clean them up. As usual this was a huge PITA. Just about everything with the blaster that could go wrong did but I finally got them done.
You know he's going to wait 6 months to paint them they gonna be covered in rust again.

Bought this Cadillac a few months ago as a non-runner. Fairly certain the cam chains broke or jumped time. Finally had time to get it in the shop so let's see what's wrong with it. Hoping to replace my econobox DD with this when it's fixed.

View attachment 351323
They are know for cam chain issues due to an oiling issue.

Freakin lights around the pond, fancy

Put these in 3 years ago. Still working great. Several of them are full of rain water, but have yet to get around to draining and re-sealing them. They still work, why bother. One fell of it's hook, and has been free-floating for about a year and is still going strong.

Amazon product ASIN B07CRRM324

I think they are part of a fancy fireplace grate and the flames light the Owls eyes and the birds silhouette.

Back