Random pic thread.

"Makes anything taste like bacon"

bacon.jpg

Who do you use? I was told about a guy in Denver, but no one ever answers the phone, Or Voicemail.
I've been using the same place for almost 12 years now. Changed owners about 8 years ago but kept most of the staff. Top notch work at fair prices.

CRC Powder Coating in Mooresville. Its a drive from here but worth it.

If it plugs in it should be pretty easy to modify. I had to do the same for my winch. I used this video for the pinout.

I looked all over for info on the Apex remote, but could only find the Badlands version. This is just what I needed!

If it plugs in it should be pretty easy to modify. I had to do the same for my winch. I used this video for the pinout.

Did a little tinkering last night, and it was super easy. I might post a something in the tech section with more details, but all I had to do was open up the solenoid cover on the XD9000i and run a jumper from the red constant ground (12v -) to the brown switched ground so that all 4 solenoids had a constant ground. Thats it. Pretty darn easy. :D

Last edited:
Did a little tinkering last night, and it was super easy. I might post a something in the tech second with more details, but all I had to do was open up the solenoid cover on the XD9000i and run a jumper from the red constant ground (12v -) to the brown switched ground so that all 4 solenoids had a constant ground. Thats it. Pretty darn easy. :D

With mine I just had to open up the solenoid cover and switch the wires around on the plug to match the remote. It would have been a 10 minute job if I would not have mounted my light bar on top of it.

With mine I just had to open up the solenoid cover and switch the wires around on the plug to match the remote. It would have been a 10 minute job if I would not have mounted my light bar on top of it.
The plug on my Engo winch control box broke. I ordered a Bulldog replacement from etrailer and two of the pins were swapped. Just changed where the connections were made to the solenoids.

I didn't want to move anything around in the pinout, and the way I did it will allow a Warn remote or HF remote to work.

The plug on my Engo winch control box broke. I ordered a Bulldog replacement from etrailer and two of the pins were swapped. Just changed where the connections were made to the solenoids.

I really enjoy the harbor freight remote. So much so that I’ve considered doing this to the 3 smittybilt winches I have. I’ve never liked the plug and twist that the older smittys came with.

ta heck with the toys, please explain the llama in the Jeep
It's a 7' tall alpaca piniata driving a diesel YJ. I'm just posting it to make everyone jealous. 😋
Cuz I bet none a y'all boys got one.

It's some wired thing my boss is into collecting.

Seen inside the bathroom door at a shop I was in yesterday.
1644527392233.png

you know damn well thats why he actually posted the pic

If he's talking about the llama and not the CNC, it lends a vastly different meaning to "I might even get to be the first to use it".

Seen inside the bathroom door at a shop I was in yesterday.
View attachment 366832
When I worked at GE in Wilmington, the floor we were on only had 1 unisex bathroom. There was a female that would go in there, lock the door, and talk on her phone for long periods of time. You could hear her talking outside the bathroom door. Me and a coworker got tired of it one day so we rolled two chairs from the conference room out to the hallway to wait on her to finish. When she finally opened the door, she was pushing a conference room chair out of the bathroom! She looked pissed that we were sitting there, but we never had a problem with her again!

I didn't want to move anything around in the pinout, and the way I did it will allow a Warn remote or HF remote to work.
Get all them Smarts, because I been meaning to call you! How to change, or add to, a 2 button [up / down] hand control, with solenoids built in, to a single toggle switch? For My purpose, the buttons are awkward, hard to push, & slow to engage!

See anything wrong, in these pictures? And here's something I would only see at Uwharrie's Trading Post! So, I get fuel at a QT, & grab a sandwich. I pull away from the pumps, unlike others, & park on the side. This , er, person, with the POS Chevy & a $1000 stereo system, had already gotten his $5 gas, & pulled over to the Free Air pump. [I didn't know they were free!] Then a white SUV pulls up for air, then another, & another! Holy Free Air, Bubba, I was there 10 minutes, & there were 7 cars, jockeying for the pump! One woman, almost backed into another one! Picture with the circle, shows where the air pump is.

Attachments

• 20220209_124418.jpg
    20220209_124418.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 20220209_124420.jpg
    20220209_124420.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 133
Get all them Smarts, because I been meaning to call you! How to change, or add to, a 2 button [up / down] hand control, with solenoids built in, to a single toggle switch? For My purpose, the buttons are awkward, hard to push, & slow to engage!

Should be pretty easy. Text me tomorrow and I might be able to swing by and take a look on my way home from work.

Back