Random pic thread.

A little friend greeted me in the shop this morning...

He was NOT happy about being evicted. I like them on mouse patrol, but I don't like running across them when I'm not expecting to.

20220728_095619.jpg

When we built, everytime we moved dirt we pulled out brownstone boulders. I made a couple of walls at the shop.

Never noticed this one before...kinda my own version of Easter Isand...

20220729_084756.jpg

I recently met that Col on the far right. He spoke at a promotion ceremony I was invited to.

I have known him on and off for the last 12 yrs. Always seemed like a pretty good dude. Never actually was in his command though.
Either one of you ever come across Peter McBride? He was a Major I think in Airborne Reserves? Is that a thing? I know he use to travel to Bragg all the time for his unit. I think he got a promotion to Lt Col maybe? Your post made me think of my old friend. Haven't seen him in 5 or more years. I just lokked and he's not on FB anymore.

Either one of you ever come across Peter McBride? He was a Major I think in Airborne Reserves? Is that a thing? I know he use to travel to Bragg all the time for his unit. I think he got a promotion to Lt Col maybe? Your post made me think of my old friend. Haven't seen him in 5 or more years. I just lokked and he's not on FB anymore.
Doesn’t ring a bell but the 82nd has about 18,000 soldiers wandering around at any given time so I may have run into him and didn’t even know it.

Doesn’t ring a bell but the 82nd has about 18,000 soldiers wandering around at any given time so I may have run into him and didn’t even know it.
Yea I figured. Just thought I'd ask.

the 82nd has about 18,000 soldiers wandering around at any given time
I feel like this gives me a really good visual of how the military generally works. :D

The name doesn’t ring a bell. Like @skyhighZJ said. Bragg is huge. I spent 20 years there and didn’t know guys in the same building, just up the hall.

Tag teaming today.
Wife picked up a custom order and delivered to a huge industrial customer of ours. I took a load 2 miles down I-26 so the contractor can start concrete forming the west bound lanes over the French Broad.
That was 53,500 rolling down the interstate on a 54k tag!
IMG_20220729_174640.jpg
PXL_20220729_160511050.MP.jpg

Tag teaming today.
Wife picked up a custom order and delivered to a huge industrial customer of ours. I took a load 2 miles down I-26 so the contractor can start concrete forming the west bound lanes over the French Broad.
That was 53,500 rolling down the interstate on a 54k tag!
View attachment 377567View attachment 377568
Id be impressed if it was 64 on a 54 tag 😜

Getting closer, still a ways to go though.

Duane

Seems so close...but hanging sheetrock is about the halfway point, timewise. Finish work is slow going.

Seems so close...but hanging sheetrock is about the halfway point, timewise. Finish work is slow going.
You're living in pre2020 bro

Supply chain issues, subs that just ain't got time for you... It's so much worse now

You're living in pre2020 bro

Supply chain issues, subs that just ain't got time for you... It's so much worse now

I figure all that goes into the pre-sheetrock half, too, and it's way longer to balance. My BIL house has been on hold because he had to wait several months just to get the septic plan signed off.

Back