Random pic thread.

Seems like many fuel stations, Don't want to sell Non-eth, anymore. I'm sure as hell not paying $5 per gallon, when I can get by with Regular!

Attachments

• 20230512_105804_resized.jpg
    20230512_105804_resized.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 83
Seems like many fuel stations, Don't want to sell Non-eth, anymore. I'm sure as hell not paying $5 per gallon, when I can get by with Regular!
For what little I use non-eth I pay up for it. The one I can’t get my head around is how red diesel around me is only a couple cents less than Road diesel. And I have to go out of my way to get it so more often than not I just fill my jugs w/ normal #2 when I fill my truck up. Like wtf?

For what little I use non-eth I pay up for it. The one I can’t get my head around is how red diesel around me is only a couple cents less than Road diesel. And I have to go out of my way to get it so more often than not I just fill my jugs w/ normal #2 when I fill my truck up. Like wtf?
If you are in an area where offroad isnt sued much two factors play in.
1 - you may be paying for an older inflated supply price if current rates are lower.
2- if they dont turn their tanks often enough they have reserve maintenance in there as well.

Running an ethernet cable in the attic and found where Fred shed his skin.

20230515_124622.jpg

Last edited:
If you are in an area where offroad isnt sued much two factors play in.
1 - you may be paying for an older inflated supply price if current rates are lower.
2- if they dont turn their tanks often enough they have reserve maintenance in there as well.
That’s the thing it is a very “used” commodity around here. The problem is I buy it at a station because I can’t justify having a large bulk tank for what I actually do use and I suppose I’m probably paying them to have it hold it and sell it as opposed to having somebody drop it off as in a farm situation but still

You can only get red fuel here at the local Co Op and you have to have a farm tax # to get it then.No # they put tax on it even though its red.I dont have a farm but do have a diesel tractor.Right now fuel at the interstate is about .50/gallon cheaper than anywhere in town.Dont know whats up w that,it's never been that way before.

I have an addiction...
20230515_201113.jpg
20230515_203920.jpg
20230515_203912.jpg

From what the video I saw said electric would not work for heavy equipment like that.
Doesn't really make sense to me. Earthmoving equipment is one of the very few place where more weight is an advantage. Most electric applications, the issue is battery capacity due to weight penalty. For dirt pushers, more battery capacity would actually equal more capability. Now price might be a whole nother issue, since a $30-40k engine is probably hitting a better price point than $150k worth of batteries.

Saw this truck today and talked to the owner, nice guy. He said he bought it 30 sum yrs ago. It has a 4 speed and rebuilt the 262 v8 and he said the mpg is great.
View attachment 397283
View attachment 397284
262 v8...I wish that's the direction they were going with all the new turbo motors. Small v8 with 10lbs of boost. Would sound amazing AND deliver good mpg

The truck would have come with a 265. Chevy did make a 262 small block for a couple years in the mid 70's. Can't imagine someone going to the trouble to swap one into that truck.

Supposedly happened back in February...2 trucks blindly followed GPS along Hwy 12, onto the beach at Corolla....got stuck.

corollatrucks.jpg

^^^^ Sheriff says it happens about once every summer...

more pics of that one: Semi-truck gets stranded on North Carolina beach after GPS gives wrong directions

Back