Random pic thread.

767545-49a4365a1860ecb8be7ee5c74df864ae.data

^^^^ Sheriff says it happens about once every summer...

more pics of that one: Semi-truck gets stranded on North Carolina beach after GPS gives wrong directions
It's been a while....
but I distinctly remember a sign saying something to the effect of "pavement ends, 4wd only"
...I mean... My GPS has told me to turn down somebody's driveway, go through the back of their garage and into a ravine. I didn't do it.
It also told me to hook a left through a picnic area into a creek "you have arrived"
...i didn't do it

Supposedly happened back in February...2 trucks blindly followed GPS along Hwy 12, onto the beach at Corolla....got stuck.

View attachment 397341
Weren't they headed for Maryland? Or was it Delaware? Either way from what I read their destination was north of Va :gtfo:

It's been a while....
but I distinctly remember a sign saying something to the effect of "pavement ends, 4wd only"
...I mean... My GPS has told me to turn down somebody's driveway, go through the back of their garage and into a ravine. I didn't do it.
It also told me to hook a left through a picnic area into a creek "you have arrived"
...i didn't do it

The storms that came through last night had some pretty gusty winds, apparently this tiny tree just said "screw it I'm out!" and decided to violate the RamCharger in the process. The RamCharger was unimpressed.
20230517_142021.jpg

20230517_134912.jpg

Duane

Then this afternoon the our hound dog was going crazy (well, crazier than normal) and running the fence line near the tree line. Found this guy just barely in the weeds. Tried to encourage him to go back to the creek with a stick. He was not a fan of that, but eventually turned away from the back yard and started towards the creek.

20230517_165838.jpg

20230517_165900.jpg

Duane

Then this afternoon the our hound dog was going crazy (well, crazier than normal) and running the fence line near the tree line. Found this guy just barely in the weeds. Tried to encourage him to go back to the creek with a stick. He was not a fan of that, but eventually turned away from the back yard and started towards the creek.

View attachment 397367
View attachment 397369

Duane
prolly a male lost looking for love :smokin:

Gonna turn it in on insurance and say the storm did all the damage? :laughing:

Sure! I can hear my agent now: "Duane, just exactly which dent came from the tree?? And where did the rest of them come from??"

prolly a male lost looking for love :smokin:

Well all he was going to find in the direction he was headed would've been an electric fence and 60lbs of dumbass bluetick, and a bullet if he hurt the bluetick.

Duane

Last edited:
Sure! I can hear my agent now: "Duane, just exactly which dent came from the tree?? And where did the rest of them come from??"

Well all he was going to find in the direction he was headed would've been an electric fence and a 60lbs of dumbass bluetick, and a bullet if he hurt the bluetick.

Duane
They do taste good prepared properly. Just saying.

Also, be careful about them trees they may actually straighten out a panel by landing on the Ram Charger lol

^^^^ Sheriff says it happens about once every summer...

more pics of that one: Semi-truck gets stranded on North Carolina beach after GPS gives wrong directions

13 hours behind the wheel, no food, shotgunning Monsters and chain-smoking Pall Malls ...... "F*** that sand, I can make it!"

They do taste good prepared properly. Just saying.
My dad has a story about finding a big one in the creek on the farm. He and his brother were probably 10 and 12, pointed a stick at it and it grabbed hold and wouldn't let go. I don't remember who relieved it if it's head, but he said it was tasty and the shell made a good scoop for hog feed.

Mechanix gloves suck. They’re made for running an impact and that’s about it. Wore these for a few days in the yard. Trashed. Thank goodness they were free. I’d have been pissed if I’d payed $30 for them.

View attachment 397434
Moons ago they were not too bad expensive and I would get a pair every now and again. Once they went above $15, I was out.

Moons ago they were not too bad expensive and I would get a pair every now and again. Once they went above $15, I was out.
I remember getting issued a few pair when I was heading down range on deployment. They made it through with minimal wear and lasted a while. I believe the quality has gone down hill but the price has gone up.

Mechanix gloves suck. They’re made for running an impact and that’s about it. Wore these for a few days in the yard. Trashed. Thank goodness they were free. I’d have been pissed if I’d payed $30 for them.

View attachment 397434

Ansell HyFlex Cut Resistant Work Gloves for Men and Women in Nylon, Extra Thin, Working Glove for Mechanics, Automotive, Industrial or Home-improvement environment, Blue, Medium, 12 Pairs https://a.co/d/8dqSg2D

I use these Ansell HyFlex gloves at work, and they’re the best gloves I’ve ever worn. They are provided by the company, but they’re not terribly expensive. I’m a electrical and instrumentation tech in a chemical plant and they hold up really well to everything I do at work. I can use the same pair for months before I toss them. And they’re thin and flexible enough that you can work on some pretty small tedious stuff that you definitely couldn’t with other types of gloves on.

I may or may not borrow a few pairs here and there for around the house work, and they hold up great for that too. I use them for pretty much everything, yard work, turning wrenches in the shop, even for some light weld jobs.

Couple shots from North Wilkesboro Speedway last night. This has been fun. I think I'll go work some of the other tracks around. SMI owns Charlotte and Bristol, so I can jump right into it at those.

20230517_160531.jpg
20230517_161030.jpg
20230517_183544.jpg

I'm looking forward to watching that race Sunday. Not too many I get excited about any more, usually just background noise for Sunday naps but...

I'll be on pit road again Saturday and Sunday.

Not to bash the folks running it, but its been a mess getting this going. Our chief will work something out with the SMI guys (be it schedule, pay, SOGs/SOPs, whatever) and then NASCAR will go and completely change it. But it's been absolutely worth it to get in at the start of what is hopefully a long run for this track. Been a bumpy road, but I think we will make it.

Back