Random pic thread.

I'm looking forward to watching that race Sunday. Not too many I get excited about any more, usually just background noise for Sunday naps but...

And honestly, I haven't watched a NASCAR race in years. They really lost me with this stage racing crap. But working the race is a whole nother ball game.

Bobcat showed up in my father in laws back yard in Sea Level

1684463758336.png

Ansell HyFlex Cut Resistant Work Gloves for Men and Women in Nylon, Extra Thin, Working Glove for Mechanics, Automotive, Industrial or Home-improvement environment, Blue, Medium, 12 Pairs https://a.co/d/8dqSg2D

I use these Ansell HyFlex gloves at work, and they’re the best gloves I’ve ever worn. They are provided by the company, but they’re not terribly expensive. I’m a electrical and instrumentation tech in a chemical plant and they hold up really well to everything I do at work. I can use the same pair for months before I toss them. And they’re thin and flexible enough that you can work on some pretty small tedious stuff that you definitely couldn’t with other types of gloves on.

I may or may not borrow a few pairs here and there for around the house work, and they hold up great for that too. I use them for pretty much everything, yard work, turning wrenches in the shop, even for some light weld jobs.
Do you use those "extra thin" ones linked? I see HyFlex has a couple different models/styles.
I really want to try some based on your experience but I don't want to commit to 10 pairs lol.

Was a hot game last night….

Attachments

• IMG_1736.jpeg
    IMG_1736.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1737.jpeg
    IMG_1737.jpeg
    192.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1738.jpeg
    IMG_1738.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 111
yuck. How do you ever clean up from that?
Drain out the water, let it dry out a bit fix the piping in the floor ( the reason it was melted off ) smooth it pack it, paint it, fill with water and start the freeze process, stripe it, and build surface back to 1.5” and smooth it
The floor is about 6” of sand then the pipe and sand, then ice. Glycol is run thru the pipes to freeze everything
Different rinks use different methods, some use an ammonia system.

I'll be on pit road again Saturday and Sunday.

Not to bash the folks running it, but its been a mess getting this going. Our chief will work something out with the SMI guys (be it schedule, pay, SOGs/SOPs, whatever) and then NASCAR will go and completely change it. But it's been absolutely worth it to get in at the start of what is hopefully a long run for this track. Been a bumpy road, but I think we will make it.

I’ll be there Saturday and Sunday. As an all around fan of racing in general and having driven past that place rotting into the ground for decades going to and from Boone it’s going to be cool just to experience it all.

Mechanix gloves suck. They’re made for running an impact and that’s about it. Wore these for a few days in the yard. Trashed. Thank goodness they were free. I’d have been pissed if I’d payed $30 for them.

View attachment 397434
Edit: For shits and giggles I emailed mechanix customer service with a picture of the gloves and a polite description of their product sucking. They responded with “sorry your gloves didn’t hold up. I’ll let our research and development know”. I’m sure they will. I’m sure they will. I halfway hoped they’d send me a new pair for my pain and suffering. No such luck.

Were you there this afternoon when the 46 truck went up in flames during practice? That looked like a scary situation.
No. Back to it being a mess, Friday was thw one weekday I told them I was for sure able to work. So that's the one day they didn't schedule me lol.

I’ll be there Saturday and Sunday. As an all around fan of racing in general and having driven past that place rotting into the ground for decades going to and from Boone it’s going to be cool just to experience it all.
Gonna be in the pits? If so hmu and we can chat between races. I'll be there about 10 tomorrow, and 130 Sunday.

My dad has a story about finding a big one in the creek on the farm. He and his brother were probably 10 and 12, pointed a stick at it and it grabbed hold and wouldn't let go. I don't remember who relieved it if it's head, but he said it was tasty and the shell made a good scoop for hog feed.
I got a child hood hatchet with several Kill Tally stripes. Yearly thing was catching Cooters on a trout line. Mom held the heart of one for several minutes watching it beat. It was pretty neat. The heads rarely relaxed and let go of the chopping stick.

Pretty sure you were my spotter for some of those beauty marks lol.

Duane
Thats what you get for listening to me.:smokin:I dont know what Im doing.

Wife started flagging trees this week to thin out some areas. She had no idea what she was getting me into :D I flagged a few more, and took a pic of every tree...
Screenshot_20230520-135330_Gallery.jpg

Then sent her an itemized quote!
20230520_135202.jpg

Last edited:
Back