Random pic thread.

zoo.png

You know this happened because someone told a young waitress to “put some rice in the salt shakers”…
I'm sure - this is a weekly visit for us, for many years, long enough to see several rotations / generations of the wait staff. They wax and wan in competence. The great ones are rarely there a long time.
There was always a little bit in there. There one day we noticed this comical amount, and its always been like that on all the tables. Today it was totally devoid of any salt. I pointed it out to the waitress, "Hey you're out of salt in your rice container." and she just laughed and took it.
I get the impression a manager is really stingy. I suspect they filled them with rice so they didn't have to buy as much salt at once...
Around here it needs that much rice to combat the humidity!!
Thats the thing, we have similar humidity this time of year - if you look closely, the rice isn't even stiff anymore. Clearly outlived it usefulness. Will they replace it when they refill with salt? Hell no.

This was about as fun as it looks. I forgot to take a before pic, but imagine everything covered in mud and a caked and baked on, 2-3" layer in the engine bay.
20230806_171303.jpg
20230806_174232.jpg

Ya know, I have a great BT speaker/radio in the shop that puts out really good sound and plays exactly what I want to hear, when I want to hear it. Yet I always seem to go back to this ol zenith and just listing to 98.1 classic country.

20230807_151828.jpg

Ya know, I have a great BT speaker/radio in the shop that puts out really good sound and plays exactly what I want to hear, when I want to hear it. Yet I always seem to go back to this ol zenith and just listing to 98.1 classic country.

View attachment 401775
Old habits die hard, sometimes old school is the better choice
I find myself resorting back to the reciver and FM classic rock, commercials be damned Gotta admit though, current FM offerings are slim at best anymore

Old habits die hard, sometimes old school is the better choice
I find myself resorting back to the reciver and FM classic rock, commercials be damned Gotta admit though, current FM offerings are slim at best anymore

Yeap. My old man always played music in the shop on an old radio, though he hated country music lol.

View attachment 401775

Nice! That is a really good old school country station for some Alabama, Hank Jr. and Charlie Daniels. I go to it pretty often if I'm on the radio. :beer:

I sure wish there was something like it around here. There is an AWSEOME classic country station out of Fayetteville but they are small and their transmitter doesn’t quite reach the house. I’ve listened to 98.1 before on trips when I was in range and it’s great! But the commercials anymore are horrendous. I used to stream a channel out of Oklahoma with just a radio announcer and no commercials but digital media just isn’t the same sound as a classic am/fm tuner.

View attachment 401775

The shop in Hartsville has an old radio speaker set up. It stays tuned to the classic rock station from Florence, SC. My son has a cassette adapter he would plug an ipod or iphone into the headphones port.

I sure wish there was something like it around here. There is an AWSEOME classic country station out of Fayetteville but they are small and their transmitter doesn’t quite reach the house. I’ve listened to 98.1 before on trips when I was in range and it’s great! But the commercials anymore are horrendous. I used to stream a channel out of Oklahoma with just a radio announcer and no commercials but digital media just isn’t the same sound as a classic am/fm tuner.

We have a TV antenna attached to the chimney. I got a cheap round one that attaches to the pole and use it for my radio in the basement office. Really helps on some days.

Nice! That is a really good old school country station for some Alabama, Hank Jr. and Charlie Daniels. I go to it pretty often if I'm on the radio. :beer:
Yep. That's the only station I listen to honestly. I don't listen to much on the road, I tend to favor podcasts.

I feel they keep them reasonable, but I do agree. Netflix and Spotify have me spoiled I guess.

Back