Random pic thread.

Only one little winky left to go home from our litter. He leaves on Saturday so he’s getting some extra snuggles cause he’s all “alone”. All our female dogs are playing mom to him but he doesn’t have any playmates until his new house. He may only be 3.2 lbs but he has a voice on him already!! View attachment 401892
My parents are picking up their new daschund next weekend I believe.

I can't recall if it's a mini or not, I think so.

But it's a 'cream' color, and they are super excited.

Some big boy steel last night

20230809_185001.jpg

Painful to think people actually pay these prices for fish.View attachment 401963
I don't know jack shit about fish, but compared to everything else right now... $6 a piece... including the cost of refrigerated packing in water... doesn't seem completely crazy.
What would it cost to walk into a store and walk out with teh same?

I don't know jack shit about fish, but compared to everything else right now... $6 a piece... including the cost of refrigerated packing in water... doesn't seem completely crazy.
What would it cost to walk into a store and walk out with teh same?
From the fish truck that comes locally Largemouth bass are $2/ea...min qty 50

Don't go searching for ornamental Koi! We had a kill in our small pond a year or so ago. We wanted to restock......holy smokes. We had more value in Koi than our checking account had we sold them because most was 8 to 12 inches and great patterns or solid color. Read 200 to upwards 600 a fish.

We started with 3 inches fish. I almost think it's better than most Stocks on Wall Street if you could sell them.

Don't go searching for ornamental Koi! We had a kill in our small pond a year or so ago. We wanted to restock......holy smokes. We had more value in Koi than our checking account had we sold them because most was 8 to 12 inches and great patterns or solid color. Read 200 to upwards 600 a fish.

We started with 3 inches fish. I almost think it's better than most Stocks on Wall Street if you could sell them.
Koi people are super picky where the fish they buy come from. If it’s in a regular type pond they freak out thinking they are full of disease and will pollute their current fish. It has to be a super sanitary environment for them to consider buying from anyone.

Koi people are super picky where the fish they buy come from. If it’s in a regular type pond they freak out thinking they are full of disease and will pollute their current fish. It has to be a super sanitary environment for them to consider buying from anyone.
You don't think they'd get a good look at Drew and immediately think, "Boy everything about this guy is squeaky clean?" :laughing:

Yep hence all the dealers have them in super clean plastic bins.......not even close to a natural habitat.

The dirtiest ones I've seen where at Pond Country in Greensboro area. By the looks of the entire facility they seem to have let managing the property get away from them. Our little oasis would cost 12 to 15 thousand dollars by what we saw.
I had a serious fetish in my teen years with aquatic landscapes which led to many projects of landscape at my parents....they never let me build a pond. So when I married a women capable of being invested in my interest I dug a hole.
I've really toyed with trying to monetize my love for ponds and small habitats.

You don't think they'd get a good look at Drew and immediately think, "Boy everything about this guy is squeaky clean?" :laughing:
IMG_20230811_105654861_HDR.jpg
The bush hog came out......so I little cleaner for now. 😋

@RatLabGuy I don’t buy fish from a store but I do off a truck. It wouldn’t take anyone much effort to go to a local river, pond or lake and catch 20 bluegill with free bait. People are just dumb and lazy.View attachment 401970

Down here in Al ordering bait fish right now for stocking only to find some asshole has cut the chain on the gate, set up jugs all over the pond and even has a boat. May or may not have collected the jugs and borrowed the plug out of the boat and pushed it in.

Down here in Al ordering bait fish right now for stocking only to find some asshole has cut the chain on the gate, set up jugs all over the pond and even has a boat. May or may not have collected the jugs and borrowed the plug out of the boat and pushed it in.
You’re my boy Blue!!!

Back