Random pic thread.

This won't buff out....

1691787917938.png

Yep hence all the dealers have them in super clean plastic bins.......not even close to a natural habitat.

The dirtiest ones I've seen where at Pond Country in Greensboro area. By the looks of the entire facility they seem to have let managing the property get away from them. Our little oasis would cost 12 to 15 thousand dollars by what we saw.
I had a serious fetish in my teen years with aquatic landscapes which led to many projects of landscape at my parents....they never let me build a pond. So when I married a women capable of being invested in my interest I dug a hole.
I've really toyed with trying to monetize my love for ponds and small habitats.
Yeah I built a few ponds for customers years ago. They were cool and nice but a PITA for me to maintain. But they were nothing like what the pond companies are building today. And the professional products weren't really available here yet either.

From the fish truck that comes locally Largemouth bass are $2/ea...min qty 50
Does the Wildlife guys still stock or re-stock ponds & lakes? Back in the early 60s, our home had an acre pond that was overstocked with mostly Brim. Wildlife came out & poisoned them. Then they came back a month or two later & released a load of bass & brim in the pond. It was all Free.

Rocker Guards!
12x12x5/8. Idk if that's heavy enough protection to make it up Daniel. Should be good on anything up to dickie bell though!

Does the Wildlife guys still stock or re-stock ponds & lakes? Back in the early 60s, our home had an acre pond that was overstocked with mostly Brim. Wildlife came out & poisoned them. Then they came back a month or two later & released a load of bass & brim in the pond. It was all Free.
You might check with the local extension agent.

Went and checked out a B-25c today at the South Carolina Historic Aviation Foundation. This plane ditched in Lake Greenwood on June 6, 1944. In August of 83 it was raised from the lake. Today was an open house and I believe the first time they’ve shown it to the public.
IMG_5605.jpeg
IMG_5600.jpeg
IMG_5601.jpeg
IMG_5602.jpeg
IMG_5607.jpeg
IMG_5608.jpeg
IMG_5611.jpeg
IMG_5610.jpeg
IMG_5609.jpeg

Saw this winner today in Aberdeen headed north on Hwy 1. He came through the intersection and peeled off to “check straps” while I was at the turn lane waiting for a left arrow. Solid strap job! Tow rig was a squatted Cummings 2500 with a peeling metallic gold wrap. Mirrors up and hat bill flat FTW!
IMG_3831.jpeg
IMG_3830.jpeg

Saw this winner today in Aberdeen headed north on Hwy 1. He came through the intersection and peeled off to “check straps” while I was at the turn lane waiting for a left arrow. Solid strap job! Tow rig was a squatted Cummings 2500 with a peeling metallic gold wrap. Mirrors up and hat bill flat FTW! View attachment 402053View attachment 402054
As long as he flicked the straps it should be fine.

You also have to say the magic words, “that ain’t going anywhere.”
I did both of these this weekend to the fella tying down kayaks. Surrounded by grown men and none cracked a smile. Spent the rest of the day fishing by myself, they had zero coolers and no tackle. I obviously wasn't among like folk.

Last edited:
Went and checked out a B-25c today at the South Carolina Historic Aviation Foundation. This plane ditched in Lake Greenwood on June 6, 1944. In August of 83 it was raised from the lake. Today was an open house and I believe the first time they’ve shown it to the public.
View attachment 402044View attachment 402045View attachment 402046View attachment 402047View attachment 402048View attachment 402049View attachment 402050View attachment 402051View attachment 402052
My dad wanted to go but we weren't able to get over there.

Back