Random pic thread.

Well that escalated quickly! 2 boards on the drivers side are ones I replaced last year cause they had left the chat entirely. Power washed and sprayed it with a quick coat of rustoleum turbo can black.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 85
got a free trailer. Getting it proper for road use moving to KY. New brakes, tires and a deck. I’ll paint it someday (hopes and dreams). Still figure I’m WAY ahead of the game from buying a new one. 16’ long w/ 6lug axles. Straight as an arrow and no issues I’ve seen on the welds. Already done all the wiring with the Amazon special junction box, breakaway battery and LED light kit.

Question is, how do I determine axle rating? No stickers left on the axle tubes. View attachment 402574
Not trying to be an a$$ but maybe call Connecticut Trailers and see if they can help? Tha Google says they are still in business. This is assuming axles are still original to the trailer

Not trying to be an a$$ but maybe call Connecticut Trailers and see if they can help? Tha Google says they are still in business. This is assuming axles are still original to the trailer
Not at all. Went down the google hole last night and figured it out. They are 4,000 GAWR Lippert axles. Everything looks really clean on the spindles so new brakes (loaded baking plates and drums), seals and bearing are on the way. Wish they were a bit more hefty but I’m not complaining. It will do everything I need it to.

I’ll be the ass. That trailer ain’t gonna haul worth shit with that 2 board deck on it! :D

I came up on this construction zone today. As I rolled up, he turned the sign to Stop. Waited until about 50 cars came thru. Other traffic guy stopped traffic, but the guy on my end kept traffic stopped, too.

See that guy walking? We were waiting on him to walk all the way from the other side of where that dump truck is. Just to deliver one bottle of water to the sign guy.

It was hot, and the walker wasn't in any sort of a hurry.

View attachment 402611
I forgot to load my cooler on Monday so grabbed a case of cold watrer at CVS near the job and stuck it in the passenger seat. As I was heading to other jobs I was in 3 construction zones. I passed out water to all of them! It was actalluy fun! lol

wife’s 2017 Grand Cherokee chewed up the belt yesterday and left her stranded. I pulled it home on the trailer. Before I took it apart I decided I would replace the water pump, idler, and tensioner.
Today I disassembled it. Bearing were falling out of the pump, explains the chewed up belt.
IMG_6418.jpeg

That water pump has several different sized bolts, so I traced it on the box to keep them in the right position. We’ll find out tomorrow when I put it all back together if I got the bolts in the right holes!
IMG_6417.jpeg

Something about the smell of new tires. New rubber for the trailer + 1 and a new rim so it has a spare because it seems I read this forum and everyone here has trailer tire issues……. FML. View attachment 402726
I’ve had new tires in the garage for 2 weeks. My wife complains about the smell, but I love it!

I’ve had new tires in the garage for 2 weeks. My wife complains about the smell, but I love it!
It’s really random and best I can tell it goes to back middle school. I grew up pretty skint broke. I weaseled my way into a junk yard 84.5 yota p/u. Cab was crunched from a rollover and bed was toast but the important parts were there. Had a Buick 3.8/ TH350/ stock t-case. Axles were both Detroits and 5.29’s. Later I would learn it was a catalog truck for Downey off-road out of Cali and they had flipped it at Silver Lake Sand Dunes not far from where I grew up and they left it for DOA. I worked my ass off getting that thing back to wheeling condition welding metal and salvaging anything I could for as cheap or free that I could. But tires, they were the hold up cause they weren’t cheap, even back then, and I was shit broke. Finally saved up enough for a set of 36” TSL’s bias and got dammit I thought I was the king of creation and when they came off the back of that lift gate the smell hit me like a ton of bricks I thought “I’ve made it to the big time!!” Guess new tires still kinda trigger that good memory lol

I wanna go get this and put a set of Samurai axles under it!

yerfcart.jpg

Something about the smell of new tires. New rubber for the trailer + 1 and a new rim so it has a spare because it seems I read this forum and everyone here has trailer tire issues……. FML. View attachment 402726
Just had to do the same thing. 2 tires on the trailer had the steel belts pop thru coming back from the Ranch. I did all 4 and upgraded from D's to E's and now have 2 good spares for it.

Back