Random pic thread.

spring.png

Apparently we are adopting a toad. It's name is hopper. Have a 30 gallon aquarium coming tomorrow. Why are we adopting a toad? Because it has adopted munchkin lol. We turned it loose when we went to town, and four hours later it was patiently waiting for him to get home and rub its belly like a freaking dog!

20230825_160100.jpg

20230825_160314.jpg

wife’s 2017 Grand Cherokee chewed up the belt yesterday and left her stranded. I pulled it home on the trailer. Before I took it apart I decided I would replace the water pump, idler, and tensioner.
Today I disassembled it. Bearing were falling out of the pump, explains the chewed up belt.
View attachment 402704

That water pump has several different sized bolts, so I traced it on the box to keep them in the right position. We’ll find out tomorrow when I put it all back together if I got the bolts
Was not impressed by bucces

View attachment 402764
You didn’t like the overpriced super market with the same things on 10 rows over and over…. But the brisket sandwich is good. Kinda one of those so nasty it’s good maybe? Literally just whatever sauce they use.

. But the brisket sandwich is good.
I was still too full from the Whataburger I had a few hours prior to take advantage of brisket.

I later wished I'd gotten some to go, as we didn't stop to sleep and chose instead to drive the whole 1,100 miles home in one shot and everything was closed after 10pm 🤦🏾‍♂️

Was not impressed by bucces

View attachment 402764

WHAT?!?!?!?! It's like the Turducken of gas stations. It's a Wal-mart wrapped inside a convenience store, shoved into a LED-lighted truck stop with a food court. It's part Roadhouse and part Turkish bazaar. Never have so many packs of beef jerky been in one place since they had to dole out rations for D-Day! Beaver everything (including nuggets)! Where else is fresh brisket introduced more often and loudly then a Big Ben-sized cuckoo clock? They have a freaking art gallery in the bathroom! It's like Amazon that you can drive to, and it's all got a beaver head on it!

Pardon me. Still munching on my last 2 pound bag of Buc-ee's dark chocolate covered espresso beans. Just long enough in-between beans to let the edge wear off. Love that place. Where else can you find a redneck charcuterie board like this?

IMG_3258.jpg

WHAT?!?!?!?! It's like the Turducken of gas stations. It's a Wal-mart wrapped inside a convenience store, shoved into a LED-lighted truck stop with a food court. It's part Roadhouse and part Turkish bazaar. Never have so many packs of beef jerky been in one place since they had to dole out rations for D-Day! Beaver everything (including nuggets)! Where else is fresh brisket introduced more often and loudly then a Big Ben-sized cuckoo clock? They have a freaking art gallery in the bathroom! It's like Amazon that you can drive to, and it's all got a beaver head on it!

Pardon me. Still munching on my last 2 pound bag of Buc-ee's dark chocolate covered espresso beans. Just long enough in-between beans to let the edge wear off. Love that place. Where else can you find a redneck charcuterie board like this?

View attachment 402801
The thing that funny is as big as their stations are trucks are not allowed (semis that is) and when I was headed west I stopped at the one outside of DFW and could barely get my camper in there to fill the truck up.
IMG_0050.jpeg

The thing that funny is as big as their stations are trucks are not allowed (semis that is) and when I was headed west I stopped at the one outside of DFW and could barely get my camper in there to fill the truck up. View attachment 402805
Yeah "your kind" aren't welcome there for sure.

No trailer going out, uhaul rental return? A 609 front? And looks like enough levers to make the jump to warp speed.

I think I know who's stable this new horse is landing in.
You hush your mouf!!

It's a "surprise" 🤣

The thing that funny is as big as their stations are trucks are not allowed (semis that is) and when I was headed west I stopped at the one outside of DFW and could barely get my camper in there to fill the truck up. View attachment 402805

We always stop at the one in Ft. Lauderdale. Only issue I had with the parking lot is that my travel trailer doesn't have a back up camera and some jacka$$ pulled up right in front of me, parked and went inside. Since my family was inside sh!ttin, shoppin and shootin the breeze, to get around him I had to back up gingerly as people zoomed past.

Axle tubes are 3”. Inner bearing on the spindle are in the ball park of 1.4” (digi caliper is having some battery issues and was being a bit of a potato so I’ll grab a new one tom
I just goggled the Connecticut trailers, & they DO still have a website. Dealer Sales. Shot them the info & a picture. I'm sure they will tell you the rating.
By the time I read 2 more pages here, I see Adam H, beat me to it! LOL

Last edited:
Apparently we are adopting a toad. It's name is hopper. Have a 30 gallon aquarium coming tomorrow. Why are we adopting a toad? Because it has adopted munchkin lol. We turned it loose when we went to town, and four hours later it was patiently waiting for him to get home and rub its belly like a freaking dog!

View attachment 402761

View attachment 402762

Well, the 30 gallon aquarium shrunk lol. But we will keep an eye out for a free one.

20230826_193818.jpg

Snapped this the other day, & what popped in my mind was Edith Bunker [in her voice] telling Archie, "My check engine light is on". Archie replies, "Did you replace the gas cap & close the lid, Ding Bat?" :laughing:
Honestly, it makes me think she pushed the lid to close it, which it couldn't, but never screwed the cap back on. It would, /should, take a Lot of wind, to push the lid back!

Attachments

• 20230824_074956_resized.jpg
    20230824_074956_resized.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 74
It’s really random and best I can tell it goes to back middle school. I grew up pretty skint broke. I weaseled my way into a junk yard 84.5 yota p/u. Cab was crunched from a rollover and bed was toast but the important parts were there. Had a Buick 3.8/ TH350/ stock t-case. Axles were both Detroits and 5.29’s. Later I would learn it was a catalog truck for Downey off-road out of Cali and they had flipped it at Silver Lake Sand Dunes not far from where I grew up and they left it for DOA. I worked my ass off getting that thing back to wheeling condition welding metal and salvaging anything I could for as cheap or free that I could. But tires, they were the hold up cause they weren’t cheap, even back then, and I was shit broke. Finally saved up enough for a set of 36” TSL’s bias and got dammit I thought I was the king of creation and when they came off the back of that lift gate the smell hit me like a ton of bricks I thought “I’ve made it to the big time!!” Guess new tires still kinda trigger that good memory lol
First set of boggers I bought I got em one at a time.Made four separate trips to Goforth.

Back