Random pic thread.

1694463988520.png

So, despite the weekend turning into a total shit show we did have a blast at Blue Ridge Rock Festival at Virginia International Raceway. We got to see a great lineup for the time we were there and before it got rained out on Thursday. Friday was amazing then they shut it down for Saturday and Sunday due to impending weather threats. Lots of drama unfolding about staffing issues, grounds maintenance and so on. Bummed we didn’t see all the bands we wanted to but still had a good time. 4 separate stages and loads of bands playing from noon to midnight.

Also got to see Oliver Anthony on Friday and it was cool to watch such a crazy variety of people jamming out to his music and chanting him back on stage even though this was a strait up rock show closed Friday night out with Slip Knot.
71588890934__064554CA-DCF4-47C9-9A11-AC2177D302BE.jpeg

Last edited:
So, despite the weekend turning into a total shit show we did have a blast at Blue Ridge Rock Festival at Virginia International Raceway. We got to see a great lineup for the time we were there and before it got rained out on Thursday. Friday was amazing then they shut it down for Saturday and Sunday due to impending weather threats. Lots of drama unfolding about staffing issues, grounds maintenance and so on. Bummed we didn’t see all the bands we wanted to but still had a good time. 4 separate stages and loads of bands playing from noon to midnight.

Also got to see Oliver Anthony on Friday and it was cool to watch such a crazy variety of people jamming out to his music and chanting him back on stage even though this was a strait up rock show closed Friday night out with Slip Knot. View attachment 403609View attachment 403609View attachment 403609
For what it cost, I’d be a bit pissed myself. I know weather is unpredictable for that far into the future though. But no make up date sucks

For what it cost, I’d be a bit pissed myself. I know weather is unpredictable for that far into the future though. But no make up date sucks
Yeah we bought 4day passes right when they came out and it does suck a lot but they have gotten so burned on all the social platforms I have a good feeling that the refunds will be fast and at a good % of the purchase price or it could shut down future years of the festival.

Also got to see Oliver Anthony on Friday and it was cool to watch such a crazy variety of people jamming out to his music and chanting him back on stage even though this was a strait up rock show closed Friday night out with Slip Knot. View attachment 403609View attachment 403609View attachment 403609
Did anyone ask for a ZZ Top autograph? 😜

You need a corn cob pipe and some overalls man. That retirement beard is looking strong brother.

Opened the front door and saw this 4' snake, so I walked down the steps slowly and the snake didn't move so I took this pic. I thought it was Racer from the tail.
20230912_140956.jpg

I bent down to grab it behind its head but it jumped about 2' off the ground and was gone like a rocket in the wood pile.

Last edited:
My wife is 5'4" these are our Green Sweet Peppers this year.
IMG_20230913_193750755.jpg

We planted Marigolds from little plants from her highschool horticulture class. To bad they want come back because they have also exploded in size.
IMG_20230913_194113513.jpg
IMG_20230913_194117993.jpg

Maters have about had it.

Today, I was scratching my head, at the Load I had to pick up! Boss knew what I was getting, but probably not how much! I ask the contractor if they had tried to sale them, & the answer was know. I even checked with my boss, about leaving them on the pallets, but he said no. He did have me bring them back to our yard to dump them next to a hill, where they will probably be pushed off for fill. But, I was thinking wrong, as I was thinking these pavers are $3-$4 Each. No, they are .58 at Lowe's. Btw, this was from a Patio that's getting redone. They still have a driveway of pavers, to come out! Today's load was 6 large pallets & 2 smaller pallets with all the cut/angled pieces. My estimate, 14 ton.

Attachments

• 20230914_130545.jpg
    20230914_130545.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 20230914_130600.jpg
    20230914_130600.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 66
Back