Random pic thread.

Some friends from F3 are running the Blue Ridge Relay running race today thru tomorrow. I rode the moto up there to cheer them on. Caught up with them at Frosty’s Choose and Cut, then cheered them on at several other points up around the Todd area.

IMG_6476.jpeg
IMG_6488.jpeg

If google image look up is right that is a B61 Mack. If so that is what my dad drove in the late 50's early 60's when he started in trucking.
I know it's a B model, just didn't know the series [ B61]. I'd put it in a early 50s, by the look of the grill. Probably twin stick, Thermodine engine. Old Macks don't die, they just rust away!

Munchkins first soccer tournament. After a complete meltdown because he wanted his jersey to be red, he did great once we got him on the field.

20230909_134406.jpg
20230909_140602.jpg
20230909_140959.jpg
20230909_142256.jpg
20230909_150108.jpg

Last edited:
Had a couple of NC4x4 encounters today. First had a visit from @shawn today to pay me my annual commission for all the clicks and ad money I bring him. The kids wanted to do the big swing in the woods, and of course us old guys couldn’t resist.
IMG_0381.jpeg

Then took the kids to the first ever Supermotocross in Charlotte. @DSM Turbos is somewhere in this pic too. We happened to be within about 50ft of each other at the race.
IMG_0395.jpeg

IMG_0397.jpeg

IMG_0401.jpeg

It was absolutely packed, and the kids had a blast.
IMG_0389.jpeg

IMG_0387.jpeg
IMG_0388.jpeg

Last edited:
Had a couple of NC4x4 encounters today. First had a visit from @shawn today to pay me my annual commission for all the clicks and ad money I bring him. The kids wanted to do the big swing in the woods, and of course us old guys couldn’t resist.
View attachment 403514

Then took the kids to the first ever Supermotocross in Charlotte. @DSM Turbos is somewhere in this pic too. We happened to be within about 50ft of each other at the race.
View attachment 403511
View attachment 403515
View attachment 403512
It was absolutely packed, and the kids had a blast.
View attachment 403516
View attachment 403517View attachment 403518
@Blake_JK he was in attendance
With a few friends. I was committed to a farm show. He got some scribble on a Red bull shirt and a Sunburn.

Hinges and winches this afternoon.
IMG_0409.jpeg

It wanted to drop straight across the driveway, but that was gonna take out a couple smaller healthy trees and bust up the yard.
IMG_0413.jpeg
IMG_0416.jpeg

IMG_0420.jpeg

1h15min from when I pulled up with the chipper until I stopped sawing because it was starting to rain too much. Battery saw did all of the work-up of the limbs and bucking the top down. Big saw dig the wedge cut and then decided to not cooperate, so I had to finish the cut with the little big saw. :rolleyes:
And of course had to stop for a little bit to let the boys bounce on the limbs :D
IMG_0418.jpeg

One of the exhaust flappers fell off my generator yesterday. The other one was welded on with 2 beads either side of the formed part.

Doofus that welded this one in did it on the inside of the bends, so it just stuck where it shorted. Surprised it lasted this long. The flat part with the holes was flat against the stack. You can see where it shorted and stuck.

20230908_190810.jpg

Hinges and winches this afternoon.
View attachment 403563
It wanted to drop straight across the driveway, but that was gonna take out a couple smaller healthy trees and bust up the yard.
View attachment 403564View attachment 403565
View attachment 403568
1h15min from when I pulled up with the chipper until I stopped sawing because it was starting to rain too much. Battery saw did all of the work-up of the limbs and bucking the top down. Big saw dig the wedge cut and then decided to not cooperate, so I had to finish the cut with the little big saw. :rolleyes:
And of course had to stop for a little bit to let the boys bounce on the limbs :D
View attachment 403567
Clearing more parking for the GTG...awesome

Back