Random pic thread.

It’s felt season FYI.

Mine just came out for the winter...

20231130_213459.jpg

Finished up a 6 hour tattoo project this evening.
I tolerate people, but I love my dogs.
The jovial panda with top hat and cane- Jasper
The chubby fox- Callie
The hiking mtn beaver- Denver
Compliments my Dukes of Hazzard work on the opposite shoulder 😂
View attachment 407939
Not sure if this is real or a Treadway haha

I know Denver and Jasper …and I see the resemblance but Jody is FOS and those don’t look like fur babier and I’m kinda tipsy…must be the whiskey

So I was going to put this in the Things That Suck Ass thread, and then I thought about it and figured maybe the Things That Don’t Suck Ass thread would be better, and then, since I was confused I decided to just put it in the Random Pic thread. Anyway, on my way to THE Get Together I was running down 485 at about 80 miles an hour in the left lane when all of a sudden I heard a BOOM and the truck revved up real hard and I thought the transmission had let go! I started to get over in the emergency lane, but assessing the situation, I still had power and drive, but there was a shit ton of noise and smoke behind the truck and the trailer wasn’t sitting right. Everyone behind me observed the same and had slowed down, so I was able to cross all 3 lanes and get off on the right. Everything felt generally controlled and smooth, but the smoke and noise were increasing. Pull to a stop, hit the flashers and hop out.
IMG_1345.jpeg

Turns out it was my trailer jumping off the ball because I had not properly latched it when I left the house. :shaking:

This white line is freshly scraped concrete.
IMG_1346.jpeg

It was at least 1/4 mile from start to finish. Damn thing got so hot that the jackfoot was on fire and was ground all the way through.
IMG_1347.jpeg
IMG_1348.jpeg

Of course when I tried to jack it up, it came up like 2” short, but I was able to rest the coupler on the ledge at the back of the truck, and stick some custom shims under the jack to get it back on.
IMG_1349.jpeg

As sucky as this was, it was only about a 10 minute trip delay and no damage other than the obvious jack foot. Could have been SOOOO much worse.

Last edited:
Our dog meets a kitten.

The kitten was found outside Monday night when temp was around 20 deg.

The kitten has Cerebellar hypoplasia which is neurological condition in which the cerebellum—the part of the brain that coordinates movement—is smaller than usual or not completely developed. So she requires a lot of help. When she walks she constantly falls over. Cats with this condition apparently live normal length lives.

She’s cute. My wife wants to keep her. I guess I should let her.

IMG_6933.jpeg

So I was going to put this in the Things That Suck Ass thread, and then I thought about it and figured maybe the Things That Don’t Suck Ass thread would be better, and then, since I was confused I decided to just put it in the Random Pic thread. Anyway, on my way to THE Get Together I was running down 485 at about 80 miles an hour in the left lane when all of a sudden I heard a BOOM and the truck downshifted and spun up and I thought the transmission had let go! I started to get over in the emergency lane, but assessing the situation, I still had power and drive, but there was a SHIT ton of noise and smoke behind the truck and the trailer wasn’t sitting right. Everyone behind me observed the same and had slowed down, so I was able to cross all 3 lanes while slow and get off on the right. Everything felt generally controlled and smooth, but the smoke and noise were increasing. Pull to a stop, hit the flashers and hop out.
View attachment 407981

Turns out it was my trailer jumping off the ball because I had not properly latched it when I left the house. :shaking:
View attachment 407985
It was at least 1/4 mile from start to finish. Damn thing got so hot that the jackfoot was on fire and was ground all the way through.
View attachment 407982View attachment 407983

Of course when I tried to jack it up, it came up like 2” short, but I was able to rest the coupler on the ledge at the back of the truck, and stick some custom shims under the jack to get we back on. View attachment 407984

As sucky as this was, it was only about a 10 minute trip delay and no damage other than the obvious jack foot. Could have been SOOOO much worse.
That's one them things you don't tell anyone about

So I was going to put this in the Things That Suck Ass thread, and then I thought about it and figured maybe the Things That Don’t Suck Ass thread would be better, and then, since I was confused I decided to just put it in the Random Pic thread. Anyway, on my way to THE Get Together I was running down 485 at about 80 miles an hour in the left lane when all of a sudden I heard a BOOM and the truck downshifted and spun up and I thought the transmission had let go! I started to get over in the emergency lane, but assessing the situation, I still had power and drive, but there was a SHIT ton of noise and smoke behind the truck and the trailer wasn’t sitting right. Everyone behind me observed the same and had slowed down, so I was able to cross all 3 lanes while slow and get off on the right. Everything felt generally controlled and smooth, but the smoke and noise were increasing. Pull to a stop, hit the flashers and hop out.
View attachment 407981

View attachment 407985
View attachment 407982View attachment 407983

Of course when I tried to jack it up, it came up like 2” short, but I was able to rest the coupler on the ledge at the back of the truck, and stick some custom shims under the jack to get we back on. View attachment 407984

As sucky as this was, it was only about a 10 minute trip delay and no damage other tha? the obvious jack foot. Could have been SOOOO much worse.
Just now reading this and all pics are daylight so I assume that you're good?

I heard a joke about this one time
“Don’t believe I’d have told that brother!”

I’d rather others remember because they read about my misfortune instead of it happening to them. Im ok admitting when I screw up.

Plea
Please tell me you did this. Or at minimum, took the picture.

I’m mean really, that’s in ingenious way to catch hair before it hits the septic. 😁
I got a job w a plumber in 1985 w "Randy". He was crazy Seminole Indian and he came to Cary to plumb new apartments and he was running from the law in Florida for cocaine and crack. He taught me how to solder copper, build polybutyene and PVC pipe etc. I quit when we started to go to SC. and VA etc. to work for months and my home was in Wake co.

Last edited:
Back