Random pic thread.

Same here. Neighbors are talking about how the local Food Kitty is the place to get em bc they are "only" 65 bucks.

I'm more of a fan of getting my tree from some local guy that sits in his truck in a parking lot in the cold all evening, shaking hands w/ families and such selling from a local farm. At least I feel like that guy is working for the $$.
We bought our tree from the same dude, Bernie, for at least a decade. He knew us as soon as we'd show up and ask about the Toyotas. Winter 2021 when there was the shortage he didn't sell and never came back. Miss that guy. We homemade a "tree" out of a 4x4 post and dowel rods that year and re-used it last year. But we're ready for a real recently dead thing in our house again but the prices are hard to swallow.
I hear that most of the box store trees come from Canada. FL might be different as they tend to sell "local" trees.

All I know is they spray the crap out of them so no bees near them farms...outside that I could think of many things to farm to be of more benefit besides a fire starter or fish habitat.

1701990853355.png

We have two fake trees. Wife says she’s allergic to real ones. Upside is we don’t spend money on it every year. Down side is how much room those two trees take up to store.
We have a prelit fake tree,When jake was 2-3 years old I took him and Tonya to a tree farm to pick out a tree thinking we would start some kind of Christmas tradition.That lasted one year.Tonya is heavily invested in Hallmark ornaments and the branches on a real tree wont support em.

I got this a few weeks ago and just now ran across it again.Jake after the Gwar concert @ The Orange Peel.He's 6'4 and said he was taller than about everybody around him so the fake blood they were spraying was hitting him in the face.:shaking: Ole dad is out on that one.
392816305_10228639726031465_3109282092760058825_n.jpg

Movie and pizza night in the school building (only TV we have). Boys had a great time, and so did we! Bonus points if you can name the movie.

FB_IMG_1702085163835.jpg

Back