Random pic thread.

Well it got rather stupid as the anticipated showers never showed. The wind changed direction every ten minutes and the pile was entirely to dry. Blake and the wife helped keep us from calling the good guys in red lights......one moment I just about made the call. Everyone kept a cool head and God gave me a blessing.

Check one for stupid timing.

Attachments

• VID_20240224_161407937.mp4
    47 MB
Well it got rather stupid as the anticipated showers never showed. The wind changed direction every ten minutes and the pile was entirely to dry. Blake and the wife helped keep us from calling the good guys in red lights......one moment I just about made the call. Everyone kept a cool head and God gave me a blessing.

I know that feeling, all too well. I got too comfortable burning near my tree lines, because I had never had an issue. Then one day I did, and I haven't lit one off anywhere near combustible stuff since.

Yep I’ve got a few piles to burn off and won’t do it til I have time to sit there with a case o beer and the skid steer ready to dump dirt on it if shit goes sideways. Learned my lesson a few years ago and luckily I had the skid steer nearby to cut a fire break.

Movin dirt. Helping a buddy of mine finish up the basement for a customer.
85CC4467-9A9A-4D5E-9598-DCCE09D0C450.jpeg

830AE4F9-C7A3-4ED6-AF17-C3819717FA15.jpeg

Yep I’ve got a few piles to burn off and won’t do it til I have time to sit there with a case o beer and the skid steer ready to dump dirt on it if shit goes sideways. Learned my lesson a few years ago and luckily I had the skid steer nearby to cut a fire break.
yes....I baby sat this guy til 5 am this morning. I'm worn out and have a slight headache from personal coolant.

$10/roll? Yeap, we will take all we can haul. Good hay, but started falling apart on us.

20240225_150641.jpg

20240225_170717.jpg

20240225_172638.jpg

20240225_173744.jpg

Also starting a rebuild on this ol workhorse. Lot of memories and a lot of work done with it. Between this one and the Super Major, we kept up a mile of driveway, 10 acres of garden, and 50 head of cattle.

ETA: memories got the best of me and I had to dig up a pic I remembered seeing recently. This Long has a FEL that goes on it and was really our main tractor. This is an old Polaroid of me and my brother riding along with my uncle that raised us after our dad left. Hard to believe he's been gone 10 years. Used to just ride around in the bucket "checking fences" and killing time.

20240225_184656.jpg

Screenshot_20240225-202949_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
18 Wheeler a while back was dragging one side near our road on 42. I was going that way the other day and measured it off. 1.8 mile skid mark before he pulled off.

20240222_153056.jpg

20240222_153116.jpg

Mom decided she needs a greenhouse and wants it on a nice level platform. $900 and two days of backache later…

View attachment 413037
I have never seen a greenhouse on a platform. Is this going to cause an issue with heat retention during cold weather months? And allowing in pests and diseases during warm months?

I have never seen a greenhouse on a platform. Is this going to cause an issue with heat retention during cold weather months? And allowing in pests and diseases during warm months?
Good question. I have no idea. I was just unpaid labor. High likelihood, she saw this on Pinterest or something. :laughing: It would’ve been a hell of a lot easier just to flatten out the area and throw down some gravel. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I wondered why we put HVAC vents in the closets.
IMG_2470.jpeg

Guess now I know.

10 year olds school project....how slow can you make a can roll down a ramp? Instructions were pretty vague(wrap material around can)so as always we involve Legos. He had some rubber lego dozer tracks that he wanted to use but they were too small. After a few diffent test, we opted to build our own track out of 80 grit and paper and zip tape. They failed to give specifics on ramp angle so it's kinda hard to get it dialed in for what they are ackchewally gonna roll it down. Probably not what they wanted, buuuuuttt they getting the "Steve Roller" :rockon:

20240227_065644.jpg

20240227_065800.jpg

I love going into a bookstore and moving half a series to another shelf.

I can't stand it when seriesed books aren't all together on the book shelf.
I hate when part of a series is on kindle unlimited, but not all of it.

Back