Random pic thread.

Here's another "What is it" thingy. Hint; it was recently discussed on NC 4x4. Looks like I should have checked this, years ago!

Attachments

• 20240224_173251.jpg
    20240224_173251.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 107
Here's another "What is it" thingy. Hint; it was recently discussed on NC 4x4. Looks like I should have checked this, years ago!

i hAve NO iDEa

Makes me wonder where the guys with white overalls, got so nasty looking? All new parts assembly, & even the Pit, looks clean!
There is nothing clean about new parts on an assembly line, from protective oils and grease to assembly type lube, if it’s mechanical it’s filthy. Interior type stuff is marginally better.
Some places preach cleanliness, which is great, in practice it’s just another way for them to preach that your aren’t doing it right…
Major equipment manufacturer preached about how hydraulic systems need to be surgically clean, if you see open pipe sets or hoses prior to install notify QA… but doing so the QA person fussed, opens up other end of pipe literally blows thru pipe with mouth then caps both ends and places back in parts bin….

Now that's something you don't see everyday. Twin-engine seaplane just flew over the house. Looks like he took off from Kerr Lake.

Screen Shot 2024-02-28 at 4.05.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-28 at 4.04.54 PM.png

Makes me wonder where the guys with white overalls, got so nasty looking? All new parts assembly, & even the Pit, looks clean!
The cleanest shop I ever saw was at Ferrari in Dubai. You can watch some of the wrenching from a window on the second floor. Floor was immaculate and everyone was in white lab coats with no stains. It almost looked fake.

i hAve NO iDEa
At one time, it was a Anode Rod, in my water heater. WH is now pushing 7 years. Here's a thought; put a Sight Glass in the tank, so you Know when to change out the Rod. This be the 1st. one I've ever done. Wonder how many owners actually Do change one? Or even know it's there? Not Easy to get to, & you better have a Good impact with a 1 & 1/16'' socket! Mine is standing, in a full basement.

They had those as well in a drive through enclosure exhibit. Oxen, deer, yaks, buffalo, antelope, emus, ostrich too.
Pro tip: leave your malamute at home and not in the backseat while driving through.
"Woo, woo, woo"

🫤

At one time, it was a Anode Rod, in my water heater. WH is now pushing 7 years. Here's a thought; put a Sight Glass in the tank, so you Know when to change out the Rod. This be the 1st. one I've ever done. Wonder how many owners actually Do change one? Or even know it's there? Not Easy to get to, & you better have a Good impact with a 1 & 1/16'' socket! Mine is standing, in a full basement.
I end up changing mine out about every 5 years, But the water from my well has really high iron, when my water gets a sulfur smell, I know it's time to change the rod.. If it weren't for the smell I'd never know to change, and I'd bet most people don't ever change them.

Back