Random pic thread.

Good one this evening.

IMG_6280.jpeg

Had our IKEA couch tookt apart (having the house washed and moved the back porch stuff in the living room so I didn’t have to carry it up and down the stairs), and the back of one side has been busted and had a couple inches of movement in it for years. I needed my right angle drill from the shop, so I told the wife I’d be back in a minute. 12 minutes later, I came back with the custom 1/8” plate bracket I had cut out, rounded the corners, deburred the edges, drilled, countersunk, wire brushed, cleaned, and painted.
IMG_3962.jpeg
IMG_3963.jpeg
IMG_3965.jpeg

Oh yeah, and I totally guessed at the size, shape, and screw placement, but it worked out perfect.

I passed by this picture a teammate took in my man cave tonight and stared at it for probably 10 minutes. Early morning on the Afghan/Paki border 2005. I was pulling security while the rest of the team was prepping for the day ahead. It’s hard to explain. Feels like another life. Like I’m looking at a picture of someone else. I remember everything vividly down to the smells. It’s just weird to look back and know I was there. I don’t live around or hang out with any military dudes (Shit, I don’t hang out with anybody now that I think about it), so I don’t talk about the military too often unless someone who knows asks questions. I don’t know where I was going with this other than, damn. Wild times with some incredible dudes.

IMG_0013.jpeg

I passed by this picture a teammate took in my man cave tonight and stared at it for probably 10 minutes. Early morning on the Afghan/Paki border 2005. I was pulling security while the rest of the team was prepping for the day ahead. It’s hard to explain. Feels like another life. Like I’m looking at a picture of someone else. I remember everything vividly down to the smells. It’s just weird to look back and know I was there. I don’t live around or hang out with any military dudes (Shit, I don’t hang out with anybody now that I think about it), so I don’t talk about the military too often unless someone who knows asks questions. I don’t know where I was going with this other than, damn. Wild times with some incredible dudes.

View attachment 418520
Yep…. That is all….

Had our IKEA couch tookt apart (having the house washed and moved the back porch stuff in the living room so I didn’t have to carry it up and down the stairs), and the back of one side has been busted and had a couple inches of movement in it for years. I needed my right angle drill from the shop, so I told the wife I’d be back in a minute. 12 minutes later, I came back with the custom 1/8” plate bracket I had cut out, rounded the corners, deburred the edges, drilled, countersunk, wire brushed, cleaned, and painted.
View attachment 418387View attachment 418388View attachment 418389

Oh yeah, and I totally guessed at the size, shape, and screw placement, but it worked out perfect.
It will never hold; you forgot the glue! Don't you watch "This Old House"? :laughing:

Ought to get some of that fancy tire repair glue, & swab down that loose tire lug. It's eating too much hay!

Got a good lookin set laying in the yard, but they weigh nearly 1k each and we haven't had the time/gumption to put them on.

Last edited:
Back