Random pic thread.

Gah, I love old tractors. They just refuse to quit. I have a Farmall 100 that has been criminally neglected and it still fires up in 2 seconds of pulling the rod. My friends that farm big are always calling the man to get their tech riddled monsters going.
Yea no kidding! Old iron seems to just keep taking abuse. I'm trying to buy some hay equipment for myself and plan to use this as my main work horse. It's only ~40 hp though, so may have to bale a little slow.

Impromptu camping trip in the yard. This ought to be fun.

20240614_214925.jpg

20240614_183842.jpg

The inspector had to verify that Grandma assembled her new fire pit correctly. She deemed it sufficient after a strenuous stress test.

20240614_215359.jpg

20240614_215405.jpg

Then my wife threatened to use a jeepinmatt solution after this eight legged friend surprised her on our back deck lol.

Duane

Day 2 on the TN side of the AT. Nothing big, it was super hot and humid. So we took it easy on the pups and got in Lake Watauga a lot.
Made to Elizabethton for a car show and bluegrass festival on town square.
Solid day.View attachment 419450View attachment 419451View attachment 419452View attachment 419453View attachment 419454
How a man wear sleeves in this heat?

Reminds me of grandpa…long sleeves every day of his life.

And Mr Clyde who used to Work on the farm for wine money when I was young…he always said “if it keeps the cold off ya in the winter it’ll keep the heat off ya in the summer”…. Never works for me

And Mr Clyde who used to Work on the farm for wine money when I was young…he always said “if it keeps the cold off ya in the winter it’ll keep the heat off ya in the summer”…. Never works for me
I saw that plaid and immediately thought the same thing

Short sleeve Dixon bamboo shirts.
Game changer!

Got the ol deutz home tonight, and found what I believe is the "transmission problem " that was mentioned. Clutch is plum shot. As in low-1 to pull some of the hills. Took an hour to go 6.5 miles. But it's home now.

Was a exciting trip. I had finally got the fuel pump rack freed up and things working this afternoon. Made the call to get help getting home and we all head up there. Fired right up, and away we went, but it started sputtering as we pulled out which reminded me I had shut off the fuel at the exact moment it died. So then we had to prime it... sitting in the road...... for the first time..... with no signal to look up any tricks to speed up the process. 30 minutes later though we are back on the road. First hill and I notice it losing some ground speed, but holding rpm. And that's when I realized the clutch was shot. Having to shift to high-1 at best, and low-1 in some spots made for a long trip lol.

20240616_180012.jpg

20240616_191348.jpg
20240616_193740.jpg
20240616_193957.jpg

Last edited:
Took a ride in a Waymo - totally autonomous "taxi" car - today through San Francisco.
The whole experience is impressively easy and smooth.
IMG_20240616_181653972.jpg

Back