Random pic thread.

And do you know why they are red?

“Because they have eight wheels and four people on them, and four plus eight is twelve, and there are twelve inches in a foot, and one foot is a ruler, and Queen Elizabeth was a ruler, and Queen Elizabeth was also a ship, and the ship sailed the seas, and in the seas are fish, and fish have fins, and the Finns fought the Russians, and the Russians are red, and fire trucks are
always "russian" around.”

And do you know why they are red?

“Because they have eight wheels and four people on them, and four plus eight is twelve, and there are twelve inches in a foot, and one foot is a ruler, and Queen Elizabeth was a ruler, and Queen Elizabeth was also a ship, and the ship sailed the seas, and in the seas are fish, and fish have fins, and the Finns fought the Russians, and the Russians are red, and fire trucks are
always "russian" around.”
Show me a fire truck that has 8 wheels all the fire trucks i have seen or drove for last 35 years has either 6 or 10 Wheels. The only thing fire related that has 8 wheels is a ladder truck and that is if it is a tiller aerial. Don't the Queen use the metric system?

This popped up on my Facebook Marketplace….
IMG_8892.png

Show me a fire truck that has 8 wheels all the fire trucks i have seen or drove for last 35 years has either 6 or 10 Wheels. The only thing fire related that has 8 wheels is a ladder truck and that is if it is a tiller aerial. Don't the Queen use the metric system?
THAT's what you took from that?

On the way to the lake from CLT, needed a bite so we randomly stopped at Hendrix BBQ in Spencer to get a fill of the real flavors of NC.

I figured were in for a treat when one of the waiters was a rather rotund, hairy fellow in a checkered apron that just said, hey y'all take a seat. Positive signs also from the worn out laminated single page menu, and the pig on the sign had a hat.

IMG_20240618_180142834_HDR.jpg

I'd say the Q was only about 7/10, but damn the hush puppies and red slaw hit the spot.
This is the shit I miss the most living in Mary-Land.

On the way to the lake from CLT, needed a bite so we randomly stopped at Hendrix BBQ in Spencer to get a fill of the real flavors of NC.

I figured were in for a treat when one of the waiters was a rather rotund, hairy fellow in a checkered apron that just said, hey y'all take a seat. Positive signs also from the worn out laminated single page menu, and the pig on the sign had a hat.

View attachment 419758

I'd say the Q was only about 7/10, but damn the hush puppies and red slaw hit the spot.
This is the shit I miss the most living in Mary-Land.
You’re at the wrong spot if they use dishes. It’s all supposed to be touching lol 😂

Mom and dad finally traded in their worn out pontoon for a used Remington, swapped the 150hp motor. To me pontoons are all the same, a deck on some big alumiyculinders, but damn this thing rides and corners way smoother.
Probably more importantly the girls find it confy
IMG_20240619_163011327_HDR.jpg

You’re at the wrong spot if they use dishes. It’s all supposed to be touching lol 😂
Yeah we had no way of knowing. I was driving, I told Rachael to find what looked like the biggest hole in the wall place that was nearby.
They even had real metal utensils.

Our road has been closed for a few weeks, maybe 3/4 mile from our driveway, where they are replacing a large culvert under the road.

IMG_5124.jpeg

They put this sign up when they started, about a half mile in the other direction from our driveway. They had to relocate or bypass the waterline when they dug up the roadway. There are only 22 houses between the construction area and the water pressure notice (which is where the waterline dead-ends...nobody has county water past where the sign is). And probably half of those 22 homes are on wells. So, that sign sitting there for over 3 weeks now, just to remind maybe a dozen houses that they may have low pressure.

IMG_5123.jpeg

Might still be his, looks like a toter home pulling it. But usually he’s been hauling the mega truck tow Mater and his rat rod every time I see him.
He's been trying to sell it forever. Wasn't sure if it was on the way to it's new home or not.

Back