Random pic thread.

Why even bother putting a front seat and driving instruments in it?

I guess for calibration?
Or so somebody can drive it somewhere. Just flip a switch and it's a usable car.

They are limited to a very specific region of San Francisco. People have to get them there, take them to their "home" etc.

Last weekends project carried over to this weekend thanks to a monsoon last Sunday.Its a lot bigger than it looked. Lit it yesterday and its still burning tonight.
IMG_8976.jpeg

Finally put a bed on the new truck this weekend, service bed boxes ~17" deep so almost no boxes will fit, ctech makes some but they are $2k for a single side. Anyway checking out of harbor freight today they had two of the discontinued series 2 small 4 drawer tool carts on clearance figured why not try. Welded them together they fit perfect and saved 1700.
20240615_115938.jpg
Screenshot_20240616_153445_Chrome.jpg
20240616_150340.jpg
20240616_174256.jpg

Found in the garage yesterday. Over 7’ long. Last year we had one that was 6’, maybe it’s the same snake returning?
View attachment 419505
I pulled a 7 foot long skin out from my crawl space this year! I’m very reluctant to go under there now. I’m not afraid of black snakes, but still don’t want one dropping on me.

Attachments

• IMG_6188.jpeg
    IMG_6188.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 16
Here's what it's like

That's going to be a no for me dawg

That's going to be a no for me dawg
It's limited to only downtown San Francisco.
The way I see it, it's mostly slow stop and go traffic. The car will never get above 30-35. And it's a Jaguar SUV. I don't have any liability for anything that happens.
It's probably safer than walking on the street the same route.

It's limited to only downtown San Francisco.
The way I see it, it's mostly slow stop and go traffic. The car will never get above 30-35. And it's a Jaguar SUV. I don't have any liability for anything that happens.
It's probably safer than walking on the street the same route.
If it accidentally runs over a child, do you just shrug your shoulders and yell out the window, “SORRY, it’s on auto pilot! Send the bill to Johnny Cab.”

If it accidentally runs over a child, do you just shrug your shoulders and yell out the window, “SORRY, it’s on auto pilot! Send the bill to Johnny Cab.”
Fawk no.
I'm staying put inside that thing and pretending I don't know what's going on!

It's a thing that's happening and going to happen whether I participate or not. I figure as a decision maker in the future autonomous tech sector, it's better for me to really understand how these things work than avoid it

Last edited:
Finally put a bed on the new truck this weekend, service bed boxes ~17" deep so almost no boxes will fit, ctech makes some but they are $2k for a single side. Anyway checking out of harbor freight today they had two of the discontinued series 2 small 4 drawer tool carts on clearance figured why not try. Welded them together they fit perfect and saved 1700.
View attachment 419548View attachment 419549View attachment 419551View attachment 419552
The reflection on the door tripped me out at first. I thought you had installed a small row of drawers to the left too! 🤣

Well I couldn’t get the broken 2 studs out no matter what I did so I step by step drilled them then tapped them to 1/2-20 tpi. Installed new ARP studs and torqued it all down. Took it for a test drive and I’ve got proper race car steering. Well for a 98 dodge on 37s that is….i would really like to go with a keyed or 5 stud or both but @ $600 that’s gonna be a no for a long time.
IMG_4882.jpeg
IMG_4883.jpeg

Last edited:
Back