Random pic thread.

not sure metal would work with the power current?
Why not? The container is irrelevant. Its heats up a metal water heater.
Its going to let out more heat bc of being a good conductor... but heating things is what that tub is made for.

not sure metal would work with the power current?
Shouldn't be any interaction between the wiring and the shell of the bucket, plastic or metal. Think about how a water heater is assembled. Basically a big metal bucket. And the actual heating element is just a resistor, no electro-city flowing through it.

Hoping it’s just low on Freon or the capacitor is bad.
IMG_7150.jpeg

What ^ said. @Noel spend $25 so you don't die of plastic bucket induced penis cancer in 10 years:

Seriously.... when I found out I had the renal cell carcinoma, I thought back over all the stuff I've done over the years and if anything might have triggered it. Painted a couple of cars with a "good enough" mask? Fire service? Ate out of a plastic bucket.....? Maybe something I did to myself, maybe not.

Seriously.... when I found out I had the renal cell carcinoma, I thought back over all the stuff I've done over the years and if anything might have triggered it. Painted a couple of cars with a "good enough" mask? Fire service? Ate out of a plastic bucket.....? Maybe something I did to myself, maybe not.
more likely something China did to you

Signs that it may be time to fix the garage door opener, or at least pay a little bit more attention to what's going on over your head

IMG_20240713_151233649_HDR.jpg

(I use the garage quite frequently but the controller died a while ago and I've just been manually opening and closing it with the intention of replacing it with the side drive motor anyway)

Signs that it may be time to fix the garage door opener, or at least pay a little bit more attention to what's going on over your head

View attachment 420901

(I use the garage quite frequently but the controller died a while ago and I've just been manually opening and closing it with the intention of replacing it with the side drive motor anyway)
Dude, my neighbor called me last weekend and said her garage door motor was smoking. I went over and looked at it, and realized a bird had started building a nest behind the plastic light diffuser on top of the bulb, and it wasn’t just smoking…the bulb had caught the nest on fire, left a burn mark on the ceiling above it, and melted through the plastic. Fortunately that’s when the flaming bird nest feel to the ground and the fire petered out. But that’s some scary stuff.

Pouring the lean-to for my shop tomorrow. The edge of the concrete is 1" farther out than what Simpson calls for, when installed in a sonotube. They don't really specify for when they are installed in a monolith slab with footers though. I welded a little extra grab on my corner brackets. These bad boys should be good up to an EF3 now.

Also, real men weld in Sperry's :huggy:

IMG_20240714_180600605_HDR.jpg

Back