Random pic thread.

FB_IMG_1727186902912.jpg

Maybe they're common in some other industry, but I've never seen one. Is it a 1/4" for people who insist on metric?
View attachment 425070
Idk, it seems like it would be like fitting a 1/2 on a 13mm fastener. It works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. It's really handy having 6.4 and 6.5 drill bits around though.

Maybe they're common in some other industry, but I've never seen one. Is it a 1/4" for people who insist on metric?
View attachment 425070
Probably some government contracting requirement that all tooling must be metric, even if the thing being worked on is not.

Last edited:
A bridge in the lobby and a wheelchair on the roof. Ya never know what you're gonna find on a renovation project.

View attachment 425004

View attachment 425005
There's a complete garage door still on the tracks in the lift out ceiling at the Bank of America in Wilmington. Apparently it used to be a Sears auto center. They even boxed around the tracks going to the floor. I believe they have a renovation coming up Ill try to remember to take some pictures.
1727297864212.png

Wife and I stayed at my parents’ cabin last night near Jonas Ridge.
Took a walk this morning and saw this bear on the road. I’ve seen bear skat and bear scratching on trees up there, and caught one on a trail cam, but this was the first time I’ve seen it in person. It stopped and looked at us, then kept on its way.
View attachment 423886
@VortecJeep

Hope your parents cabin is secure. WCNC in Charlotte is saying there is tornado warning in the Jonas Ridge area. Not official but they think it is definitely a concern.

Back